Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep3_banner.thumb.jpg.5533fb830ae914798f4dbbdd2c8a5853.jpg

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

I think i'll turn in soo. the sequence is due to run until nearly 4 o/c tomorrow morning and I don't want to wait up that long. No rain forecast so prepared to leave it running.

• Like 2

I'm thinking that my spacing and collimation looks quite good - I used the Takahashi collimation eyepiece to collimate the Skywatcher 250pc. This image was taken with a 250PX, MPCC mark I, QHY9 mono, H-alpha filter 7nm.  It is uncropped and no flats - this is a new setup and its too large for my A4 flat panel so I need to buy an A3 flat panel.

Partly cloudy so no really hope of anything more than testing tonight.  My RA was 0.5 but my DEC was 0.9, but maybe due to imaging the HH, which is well past its prime.  The only part of the sky which was clear also.  At least I know that the setup is functional.

CC welcome.

St-med-1800.0s-NR-x_1.0_LZ3-NS-full-eq-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AAD-RE-noMBB--90degCCW-1.0x-LZ3-NS-St-web.jpg

• Like 10

OK, that's me done, going to climb the wooden hill (My exercise for the day lol)

Goodnight, clear skies, and stay safe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Still going here, forecast is clear for the night, so will leave it run after the flip.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

OIII image is now being obscured by the obsy so time to switch to another target.  Maybe Heart & Soul.

Edited by Gina

Pointed to Heart & Soul, plate solved and now imaging.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, it's clear here, but I'm not imaging.  I did the Moon earlier and I got very cold.  When I came in I fell asleep on the settee for an hour.  I still felt exhausted when I woke up, so I decided that perhaps I am getting on a bit, and took all the kit inside.  Of course, I'm feeling fine now, but I've got work tomorrow and a good night's sleep is obviously needed.

I'm processing the Moon shots, and they look very good.  I won't know if there are any gaps until I put them together.  Here is one (of about 25) that I've just processed:-

205632_moontest_290320_g6_ap232.jpg

Edited by don4l
  • Like 5

Stretched in PI.

604990782_Screenshotfrom2020-03-2923-58-30.thumb.png.72e1b3b4d28b5ebc0c1bf323ffd5ee56.png

• Like 5

Flip done, back on target, refocus . And i'm off to bed. Good luck to all still running. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Flip done, back on target, refocus . And i'm off to bed. Good luck to all still running. 

Despite forecast looking good for a few days, nothing has come to fruition.  69% cloud now.  Off to bed.  Good luck for tonight Richard.

• Sad 1

Hoping to get a couple of hours on Heart & Soul then maybe the North American Nebula & Pelican will be high enough to image.

I can have a lie in in the morning - nothing to get up for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Despite forecast looking good for a few days, nothing has come to fruition.  69% cloud now.  Off to bed.  Good luck for tonight Richard.

Thanks, some great weather here. I assumed you'd have at least one decent night.

Hmm... Some cloud in the images now.  I'll wait a while and see if it clears.

2 minutes ago, Gina said:

I can have a lie in in the morning - nothing to get up for.

I love when a clear sky coincides with a lack of responsibility for the following day. Night Gina.

• Like 1

Good night.

Cloud gone.

OIII image started getting obscured so moved on to the NAN and set up to image until dawn.  This means I can now go to bed and leave the system running unattended.  I think everyone else has gone to bed but if anyone is still up, good luck and good night.

Here's the first subs stretched in PI. 

1285524354_Screenshotfrom2020-03-3002-33-17.thumb.png.0d17350e8dcdec0f34d585e8d4db9cd3.png

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, don4l said:

Well, it's clear here, but I'm not imaging.  I did the Moon earlier and I got very cold.  When I came in I fell asleep on the settee for an hour.  I still felt exhausted when I woke up, so I decided that perhaps I am getting on a bit, and took all the kit inside.  Of course, I'm feeling fine now, but I've got work tomorrow and a good night's sleep is obviously needed.

I'm processing the Moon shots, and they look very good.  I won't know if there are any gaps until I put them together.  Here is one (of about 25) that I've just processed:-

205632_moontest_290320_g6_ap232.jpg

The crater on the edge of the terminator (right of centre), the one with the summit that looks like it's got a split through it - I could make that out quite clearly on the 4.5 inch reflector, but what a difference the 8 inch Dobsonian makes!  Really nice capture, you've got there!

Edited by merlin100
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the subs captured while I was asleep, some cloud passed through but I was able to capture about an hour of good images so worth setting up.

• Like 3

I lost 10 Luminance subs last night, out of 36 planned. It looks like there were two lots of cloud passing through.

• Like 1

Looks like that's it for a while. Although there's some green I'm not sure it's useable

image.png.9e09fd7df358b210eec3f78737d936a2.png.

Posted (edited)

Even worse here!!  Met Office confirms it!  :clouds1:

1841769652_Screenshotfrom2020-03-3011-38-40.png.b84944a84434b571eb593e3ab6f2722c.png

Edited by Gina

After rejecting all subs that were duff or sub-standard I have 84x3m Ha = 1h 24m and 15x5m OIII = 1h 15m.

• Like 1

Flaming Star & Tadpoles that I imaged first last night gave me 45x3m Ha = 135m = 2h 15m and 26x5m = 130m = 2h 10m of good subs.

• Like 2