Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

BBC and CO.  Think I'll wait another hour.

612166154_Screenshotfrom2020-01-1718-57-55.thumb.png.eb5e6f76c9d1adda5f33b05c6e8eaa5e.png

84323827_Screenshotfrom2020-01-1718-59-01.png.447544ea101df124a180a48fc4b61421.png

Edited by Gina

Imaging OIII on Pacman here and the sky looks good.

I'd love to try for some blue data on the Bogeyman and Cone later, but they don't appear till about 10pm.  Forecast is so-so.

• Like 1

Looking good here so far, shooting away at M42/43 again, hopefully I'll get some usable data this time!

• Like 1

Was all going well then next door  lit the fire as well as the central heating running so now smoked out,smoke seems to be wafting about every were not happy!

• Sad 1

I setup at 6:30. Took 8 subs and noticed guide star lost - went out to find its snowing 😞

Closed roof and checked 15 minutes ago - clear 

New sequence, changed target and slewed to first panel, 15 seconds into first exposure more snow just started  

Roof closed again

Will check in a bit

Not going how I planned it earlier  

Edited by tooth_dr

I've finally got NINA sorted. Was struggling with the focus routine but working ok now. Loving the FOV of the 6D. Corners in the 70mm quad are looking good as well!

Screenshot_20200117-195629_VNC Viewer.jpg

• Like 3

On fifth 20 minute S2 sub of California Nebula.

Dave

• Like 1

Seems to have stopped raining but there's cloud above and to the west.  Some clear sky to the east but as the wind is in the west that clear sky will soon disappear.  Not opening up yet!

After Wednesday’s clear night it’s been back to clouds yesterday and today though the weekend is looking reasonably promising. 

Only got 15 mins of useable subs on each channel Weds on M81 and it’s already very apparent I need more but as I’ve never used it before thought I’d at least run what I do have through Pixinsight. 

Have calibrated (darks only at this stage), aligned and integrated each channel so far and have been playing with stretching etc. I am finding it ok to use - admittedly I’ve starting reading ‘the book’ and have watched the odd YouTube video so had an idea of the unique interface etc but actually quite like how it all hangs together. 

if I can get another 30-45 mins per channel over the weekend I think I might have my first passable image :)

• Like 1

Clear here.  Currently shooting a few binned Olll subs of the Fish Head.  Last set from a couple of nights back were washed out by high cloud and the rising moon.  Hoping the clouds and dew will stay away for the next few hours...

Nice and clear here. Since I set up at 5.30. Did have a bit of cloud come in for a few minutes but that's gone and it's looking completely clear now. Should be good for a couple of hours. Gathering more data on M45.

It is alleged that there will be clear sky here later this evening, but it's been showery all day and walking across the garden is like paddling in mud, so I'm not really expecting much in the way of decent seeing.

100% cloud for the moment, anyhow.

James

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot.  I need to power up all the hardware in the observatory too.  It's been off most of the day because we had an engineer visiting to replace our meter.

James

Raining again!!

Pristine skies again, roof opened and taking subs. 

• Like 1

I'll check again in half an hour at 9pm.

• Like 1

Clear as a bell here Venus looked brilliant only for trees I might of seen Mercury.

Had my tea go to set up this is what I was faced with then an hour later started raining.

20200117_185656.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been studying KStars skychart and the object I'm particularly interested disappear a couple of hours after midnight.

Got an hour of OIII on the Pacman, and I think that it looks good.

I've taken a couple of shots of Betelgeuse to compare with some that I took last year (in preparation for this year's dimming - of course).

Now going for the Bogeyman Blues!

• Like 1

Just finished getting set up. Doing more testing with the Samyang and qhy183c. Attempting a qui k 2 panel mosaic of orion again, but hopefully I'll be better aligned this time due to recently receiving a rotator. 

Hoping it will clear up later....after midnight..

Not sure whether to set up - there are showers threatening, the lawn is like a bog and the football club floodlights are on - but every time I look out it's really clear. I may decide to do something a little later, once the lights are off, or otherwise wait until tomorrow night when the prospects look better. Good luck, all!

Regards, Mike.

Trying an hour on Horse and Flame in 10 min subs, with the camera set to Max DR. Getting horrible square artifacts around Alnitak. Micro lens diffraction?

Mostly clear here and I've opened up and set up for imaging.

• Like 1