Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

Looking good for the weekend. If the whole of this isn't of interest just see the last 5 or 10 minutes :)

Friday night is looking good in Staffordshire. Hope its looking good for everyone else. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an imaging session.

Sunday and Monday look favourite here at the moment.  A small window of clear sky is forecast for Friday, but I'm not going to count on it.

James

Grim here. very grim, my fault just bought some new bits and bobs from FLO. Starting to get webbed feet. 😭

image.png.ba33cfc5d33144a2e7f8ca66ffdc2fe1.png

It's been that bad here in Northampton for over a month .

Just no giving in with this cloudy rainy weather.

Ive never had a whole month without observing since I began this hobby almost 5 years ago.

It's been that bad ive not really even bothered coming on this site much.😪

Still it has to change at some point .

Edited by djpaul

Standard weather pattern here in Derby too Paul.

All this astro gear, just sitting in the garage : i hardly ever seem to get to use it 😕

Frustrating evening. Set up early (around 7pm), prepared dinner, went out to observe, low clouds dipped in - no worries - ate dinner about 9pm, went out to observe below a clear starry night sky, annoying clouds dipped in again - no worries - went back indoors to chat, went out again, clear for around 30 minutes or so and then clouds rolled in again!!! Packed up, had a coffee, peeked outside and it's clear again.

How's the song go? "So many things I would have done/But clouds got in my way....I really don't know clouds at all."

• Like 1

"Is everything looking good?" Finally looks like a real clear, moonless night tomorrow.

c.jpg.d086304aff38589812414753eabe4386.jpg

• Like 4

About the same here. did manage to get the 'scope balanced. The dec was way out, and I think RA was out too. As ASA mounts are *very* sensitive to balance this could have been contributing to the trailing I saw in some of my subs. Fortunately there is a very good balance tool in the Autolew software.

• Like 1

CO maintains it's clear here for a few hours tomorrow evening but have a family thing going on; never rains but pours😭. Might take the binos just in case.

Clear here. Imaging Abell 262 again...its needs loads of data....Not sure I can be that bothered catching all it needs though...So much else in the sky :D 

Anyhow...Here is my CO chart....Look at the moon phase !!! Thats going to be interesting :p 

image.thumb.png.e50ed521b47974b8164959001d2ad1b7.png

Raining here!

CO is showing green for tomorrow evening.  I assume that they have run out of red ink.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, johninderby said:

The met office’s latest bit of forecasting kit. 😂

3CC45515-C565-437F-BBD5-B8180CFFAD3F.jpeg

They've come over all modern and swanky.  Last I heard they were using this:

seaweed.jpg.54801a06001f9fb47db271a9ef23e38c.jpg

James

• Haha 1

Aren't we overdue for the Daily Fail to forecasts the 'worst winter for 50 years'?

Or has politics pushed that perennial headline off the front page this year?

That's usually the Excess, and I've seen a few of that type of headline come up on my google news feed, but don't click on them as they're nobut clickbait.

Ah what would those bird owners use to line their bird cages without those “fine” 🙄 publications. 😂😂😂

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 2

Clear here but loads of moisture in the air kicked it into touch tomorrow looking like the better night. Clear and frosty that sounds good.

Out for the first time in well over a year (life got in the way). My Skylight 100mm F13 'frac is nice and cool and Orion is just climbing round my neighbour's tree. Feel like some easy targets to ease me back into things, so M42 and assorted Oriony goodness for me. Clear and relatively still here in York, at least for now. Hope the rest of you manage to get some time in :).

Edited by Marki
  • Like 1

Carrying on with my M1 project between the clouds while its fairly clear here. And tomorrow looks even better :D 

image.png.9ee65822c6acb567693a43f167d79022.png

• Like 5