Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

That green block in CO has turned orange and tending towards red!!  Anyway, I have plenty to do on the observatory and the imaging rig.  ROR automation project is proceeding well and I've just brought my imaging rig indoors and swapped the Astrodon filters from the EFW Mini to the full size ZWO wheel.  Still have the rest of the Baader LRGB filters to add.  I just beat the rain by minutes!  Tipping it down now! :clouds2:

Not a snowball's chance here:crybaby2:

image.png.7f5ebe3a03671055c53bd7007552d40a.png

Think I might take up tiddlywinks.

Pretty much the same here for the next week.

19 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Pretty much the same here for the next week.

Getting a tadge bored with it now Dave, think I have had only 3 nights out in the last 4 months, and for 2 of them the seeing has been marginal. Ho Hum. 

This has been a thoroughly dismal autumn. Worse for those poor folks who've been flooded out.

10 minutes ago, DaveS said:

This has been a thoroughly dismal autumn. Worse for those poor folks who've been flooded out.

Just South of me has been fairly bad, glad this is a hobby and not a weather effected livelihood. 

On 20/11/2019 at 20:45, Marvin Jenkins said:

I can only conclude that a high ultra thin overcast has come over and is reflecting distant light pollution that is not normally an issue. Anyone else have this problem?

All too often.

2 hours ago, KevS said:

Just South of me has been fairly bad, glad this is a hobby and not a weather effected livelihood. 

Tell me about it......😭

At least I have a chance to play with my new 3d printer...

I've started 3D printer building again - well, buying some of the parts I don't already have, anyway!  Still progressing the odd astro project though, just in case.  The new EFW looks nice, fits my rig fine and takes all my filters with no problem so it's not all bad!

Edited by Gina

You really don't need to ask what the weather is doing ATM - no change!!  Tipping it down as usual!!

Miserable evening here as well.  Been raining for about an hour, solid cloud earlier.

Chucking it down again right now!!  I'm fed up with it!  As I know everyone else is...

25 minutes ago, Gina said:

Chucking it down again right now!!  I'm fed up with it!  As I know everyone else is...

And it arrived here about quarter of an hour later.  It's so dark now that I need the house lights on.  I'm starting to find it quite depressing.

James

• Like 1

Chucking down here too (What a surprise. Not). Just had an email from the contractors who are going to build my obsy platform postponing the date AGAIN :( This has been due to the rubbish weather impacting on their other works apparently. Will this obsy ever get built? Dunno.

• Sad 1

Yellow warning of floods round here!!  Dull as ditchwater - have to put the lights on soon!  Will it ever stop raining???????????????????

Trouble with this weather is that it seems to withdraw all power from my brain.

Edited by Gina

My cousin was late getting down to me from London due to flooding on the A35. She showed my some photos, not sure how they got through, but Litton Lane was almost impassable.

• Sad 1

For once, here in Derbyshire it would appear we have escaped the worse of this latest deluge.

Good job, most of the rivers are still full to the brim.

• Like 1

Its cloudy and damp here. Forecast is for rain around 2am tonight then on/off all day long thru out Saturday until around midnight. Then clouds for the rest of the weekend. :( 

Edited by Star101

Pretty miserable here in Sheffield too. Shame as I have just got everything working and has managed a measly hours worth of imaging on Monday night and that’s it. 

Looks like there may be the odd break in the clouds this coming week. Fingers crossed eh?!

• Like 1

Thousand kilometres south and full cloud here and back to rain by the morning for a long period. Farmers plowing the fields through the night with flood lights attached, never a good sign. If it wasn’t for the cloud I would complain about the mobile light pollution.😁 last proper clear night October 9th!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dannybgoode said:

Pretty miserable here in Sheffield too. Shame as I have just got everything working and has managed a measly hours worth of imaging on Monday night and that’s it. 

Looks like there may be the odd break in the clouds this coming week. Fingers crossed eh?!

I like an optimist :)

Being maybe 20 miles away, I get almost the same weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Star101 said:

I like an optimist :)

Being maybe 20 miles away, I get almost the same weather.

Being 30 miles east of Sheffield I wait until Dannybgoode says it looks fine and then I put the kettle on and open the roof up.

• Like 2