Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

It was pretty good here on Canvey till around 4.30 , and then the cloud came over , but I had just finished all my subs anyway , so set up for Darks and Bias frames and went to bed at 5 ...  up at 9 and set up for Flats that are just about to finish .. 

lets hope it was all worth it ! .. but just had to make the most of a relatively clear night ..  as did others by the look of it ..   

• Like 1

@Brian28 Lucky you. Nightmare last night. Clouded out early while trying to adjust my PA. Clear - adjusted PA only for the guiding to stop, then cloud so gave up around 11:30.

Edited by fwm891

Forecast for tonight is clear skies between 6pm to 8pm, so I may be able to get the 9x10min green subs on the Superman Galaxy to go with the RB already in the can and if it stays clear start on the luminance... 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Forecast for tonight is clear skies between 6pm to 8pm, so I may be able to get the 9x10min green subs on the Superman Galaxy to go with the RB already in the can and if it stays clear start on the luminance... 🤞

Good luck for tonight. 

The forecast here is not looking good at all.  Still,  I've got some processing to do after last night.  I've just read Steve Cannistra's method of combining HOO data  and had a quick play with last night's data, and it looks very promising. 

• Like 1

Cloudy with high chance of rain here tonight!!

It's looking solid red to the furthest extent of the forecast, so last night was 'it'. Turned out not too bad though. 2hr 40 total Ha / Oiii / Sii, Bubble Nebula and neighbourhood

BubbleHSO.thumb.png.b51a01722d4a6756e360608a1a67f4f0.png

• Like 8

The image data from last night was far from the best but I enjoyed playing even though it was a bit frustrating.  I contented myself with the thought that if I can get something on a rubbish night I should be able to do a lot better on a good night 😄

• Like 1

CO says 99% total cover.

I've just put the scope out, because it looks almost clear.  We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

This is what I got last night. I took 22 Nitrogen subs of Melotte 15 in all, rejected the first two as being out of focus, and set sigma stacking to reject  subs with more than 1.1 star elongation and FWHM 3.5 or more. I ended up with 17 subs (I think, AA7 rejected one), then did a DDP. No other processing. There are STILL stars with 45 degree elongation.

1189095603_Nitrogenroughstack.thumb.jpg.ad220110aa1dd85793a84d87fcad247a.jpg

May hold on to at least some of the subs ready for another go. Now want the [OII] to add for a full NHO image.

• Like 3

Just got back home in the last half hour or so.  I thought I saw some stars through the car windscreen as I was getting close to home, but not now.

James

Just been out to check. Yes, I can see stars but its very murky. Like a high fog! Images wont be clear and sharp. .....Last night turned this way and got worse. I will check again in an hour but wont hold my breath until then. 

• Like 1

Would've loved to go outside and observe something but it's quite cloudy...

I've been imaging for about 1.5 hours, but it's been though a varying haze, never really clear sky and none of the subs look particularly good. The last couple of subs were through increasingly dense haze, shall we say cloud, which is getting thicker by the minute, so I'm shutting down.

The general weather forecast is bad for the next week with lots of low pressure!  As for right now - it's raining, of course!

My scope is feeling lonely on the patio table.

I don't think that it is going to get used tonight.

How odd.  The sky is an even shade of dark grey.  However, the eastern part has stars.  The background looks absolutely even across the whole sky. 

[edit]  False alert!  clouds back.

Edited by don4l

Pfft...

image.thumb.png.2bdac9cc337da27bd05b4391b952ffe1.png

Might as well be still living in London for all the good it's doing me.

It really has been a grim autumn, hasn't it?

James

Wonder why mine is different from yours when we're only a few miles apart Dave!!

982047401_Screenshotfrom2019-11-1922-38-52.png.1fda584b089375511a3e9b41e6c5c580.png

Edited by Gina

Pfft... x 2: Over here across the North Sea, this is what I have to look forward to:

Skärmavbild 2019-11-19 kl. 23.39.16.png

I have just this very day ordered a ZWO EFW 8 hole!  Am I totally stupid???

2 minutes ago, Gina said:

I have just this very day ordered a ZWO EFW 8 hole!  Am I totally stupid???

We can't help ourselves...

• Haha 2