Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

KevS

Anybody Playing Tonight?

Although I could, possibly try getting the missing [NII] on M27 the sky is far too bright, much more than it should be even with a full moon. I suspect a lot of humidity and even some very thin high cloud. May have a go tomorrow night.

Still pouring with rain here - has been all evening!!

The 3 hours of green for tomorrow night have changed to orange and the rest of the week is total RED!!!

Setup and running, but not much point, as DaveS says way too bright out there. Don't even need a torch to navigate the garden, could read a book out there.

No moon showing here - thick cloud and rain!

Raining now, at least CO got that right.

CO says a couple of hours of green at 04-06ish Tuesday after that it's RED for the rest of the week. Just been out with wolf for his evening sojourn and the precipitation is back.  I am getting a tadge hacked off with it. 

Honestly I've no idea why we always use CO, my cat could probably predict it better.

• Haha 1

Had a little while doing a bit of lunar observing and imaging tonight. Just a quick and dirty capture to try a multi pane mosaic later and also to practice getting flats etc.

Got fed up with the subs, then lost guiding so gave up in a temper, went outside to close the dome and just as I did the rain started - so close call.

• Like 1

Well this is blummin' marvellous.  Some clear sky forecast for tonight complete with rain!!!  In fact the rain is already here and I've had to stop work on my observatory.

141291036_Screenshotfrom2019-11-1215-01-27.png.a912f70dd986087bae76f3df46de79bc.png

Keeping an eye on the weather here as I have the Trius taking Dark and Dark Flat frames, the Dark run has about 20 mins to run. Weather radar is showing rain either side of me but not actually here. Yet!

Not raining here either at this very moment!

Implausible as it sounds, i may be forced to countenance the remote possibility that it hasn't actually rained here today.  Yet.

I am out until probably 9:30pm at the swimming club, but in the last few hours the forecast has changed from "miserable" to as much as four hours of clear sky from 9pm.  Not sure that's entirely useful given the illumination from the Moon, but assuming the weather has also read the forecast I'll have to see if there's something I can make work.  I started capturing data from the Pacman and the Fish Head Nebula last Friday, but I think they're going to be a bit close to the Moon tonight.

C6 might be a little low really.  Perhaps the Iris Nebula?

James

13 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Implausible as it sounds, i may be forced to countenance the remote possibility that it hasn't actually rained here today.  Yet.

I am out until probably 9:30pm at the swimming club, but in the last few hours the forecast has changed from "miserable" to as much as four hours of clear sky from 9pm.  Not sure that's entirely useful given the illumination from the Moon, but assuming the weather has also read the forecast I'll have to see if there's something I can make work.  I started capturing data from the Pacman and the Fish Head Nebula last Friday, but I think they're going to be a bit close to the Moon tonight.

C6 might be a little low really.  Perhaps the Iris Nebula?

James

I would think that the Iris would be difficult tonight.  Do you have a Ha filter?

4 minutes ago, don4l said:

I would think that the Iris would be difficult tonight.  Do you have a Ha filter?

I do.

James

Not raining ATM, but fairly solid cloud.

Not raining here either and maybe 20-30% clear sky with the rest solid cloud.  Not worth opening up yet.

Lumps of cloud here and a full (Bad) moon rising, feel a song coming on.

• Haha 1

The gap in the clouds has decreased!

CO has turned orange, probably due to the possibility of rain.  No rain here ATM but nearly full cloud coverage - some of it fairly thin with the moon lighting it up.

Not a chance, solid cloud. Ah well just watching England Women getting hammered by the Czech Republic.

Cant remember  last time  seen a clear night here...😥

• Sad 1

I'm watching Celebrity Antiques Road Trip on BBC 2 whilst contemplating my progress on my longcase clock and thinking about my ASC which would save me occasionally popping outside to check the sky.