Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

This portrait of M27 the Dumbbell Nebula really stunned me when it first emerged from DSS, it only needed a light touch in Startools.

Taken with an ASI174MC uncooled on a ES102 triplet,  under Bortle 5  Skies: 80 x 60 secs + 20 Darks + 20 Flats.

A real gem of the night sky.

Hope you like it.

Max

M27v4.jpeg

• Like 12

Nice image

I did this a few years back 10 x 3 min  lights and 5 x 3 min darks, with an unmodified DSLR, it really is a lovely target...

75CDE6D3-F1D6-49A7-882F-994D853880BD.jpeg

Nice one Max. I have not been in this long enough to move onto astrophotography, but I saw the Dumbbell nebula for the first time just over a week ago through the ep. The shape is classic, just what I saw with out the colour of course and less obvious structure.

A really nice natural picture of which you should be proud.

Marv

That's very nice and quite a high resolution for fl700mm, this wasn't a DSLR shot was it? I also photographed this target, but my 130pds I have a much wider FOV at FL585mm...

Dumbell1FIN.jpg