Narrowband

Wide Field Samyang 135mm Rig

Here is my rig with Samyang 135mm lens (Canon fit) and Moravian G2-8300 CCD camera.  It has 31mm Astrodon 31mm LRGBHa filters.   I also used a Skywatcher Focus motor and a Hitec Astro DC autofocus unit.  All controlled via SGP and it works great and Platesolves superbly.  Guided by a Skywatcher Evoguide 50mm guider and an ASI120MM-mini guidecam.  All mounted on a 10" Losmandy saddle plate and I use my NEQ6 - although could use a much lighter mount such as a Star Adventurer.   The whole thing works brilliantly.

I really love this widefield AP.

I can easily remove the lens so I can use it with my Fuji XT2 with an adapter for daytime photography if I want to.

I am working on a second rig using my modded 1100D and my Samyang 14mm lens. 

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ea7f.jpg.cc60402615bd84f851a15b0bc83ac6f4.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ea7d.jpg

pudfT5CjS9+KxCvE1Dn8NQ_thumb_ea7c.jpg

O8Tl2WqCSPej675AQOA5SQ_thumb_ea7e.jpg

Edited by kirkster501
  • Like 4

The scope ring is to support the [quite heavy] lens and prevent potential sag which could happen if its weight was solely supported on the camera adapter. I am still tinkering with how much pressure the three scope ring screws should exert against the lens. Too much and it causes as much distortion as much as too little.  It just needs to nip the lens to prevent the sag.

• Like 1