Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Perrywarburton

ASCOM to Stellarium without Stellariumscope

Hi, does anyone know how to connect Stellarium to ASCOM without Stellariumscope? Stellariumscope doesn’t seam to exist anymore and I’m wondering how to connect the two together. When I go to connect stellarium to the telescope using “other software” option, I just get connecting for a long time but never connects. Is it even possible anymore? I’ve seen videos of people doing using APT but I don’t want to pay for that really. 

Many help would be useful. 

Cheers 

Which version are you running ?  but in 18.2, look under Configuration \ Plugins ….

Thanks for the replies. I’ll check what version I’m using but it must be the most up to date as I only installed it about a month ago. 

Ill try the link later but I’m sure I tried last night and it didn’t work because Stellariumscope has been taken down... maybe not. I’ll check. 

Cheers

stellariumscope does't seem to work with the latest versions of stellarium, I have had to go back to version 0.13.2 as I had an old copy of this in my downloads folder.

Stellarium direct ASCOM support testers wanted: https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/issues/406 and https://github.com/Stellarium/stellarium/pull/761

• Like 3

I'm very interested in testing it, Alex. It will be great to have ascom support built in. 

Edited by Atreta