Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

astro_al

COMPLETED - Takahashi Mewlon 210 *SOLD*

Posted (edited)

I am having a reshuffle and my Mewlon is going up for sale. Excellent optical and mechanical condition. There were a few small scratches on the OTA but these have been touched up. Some light dust on the primary but I haven't felt the need to touch it or the collimation. I did fit a Losmandy-style dovetail and a Moonlite focuser which makes critical focusing much easier. The previous owner made a lovely wooden storage box, and I also have the original, but tatty box if required and the original Vixen-style dovetail (but not the clamp to interface with a Tak mount).

It is from 2010 and from the serial number is the one reviewed here: https://www.cloudynights.com/articles/cat/user-reviews/takahashi-mewlon-210-review-r2713

A really lovely telescope. More pictures to follow. £1800 collected.

Thanks for looking.

Al

gixOSB3iTnK%cv%ohJI0LA.jpg

BeBVijusQ7yCJN21QksfZA.jpg

6AAQaVSJTXy%e+ptHaim%w.jpg

81VYblW6R2SRXVwwbzc1%g.jpg

Edited by astro_al
  • Like 4

Please sell it quickly as you're not far from me and I have no will power 😂

Dave

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I realise this is likely to sell quickly but can I please ask about its optical performance? I have only ever used relatively cheap telescopes and wonder about the jump up in quality/price.

Thanks (if you can spare the time),

Mark

2 hours ago, markastro said:

I realise this is likely to sell quickly but can I please ask about its optical performance? I have only ever used relatively cheap telescopes and wonder about the jump up in quality/price.

Thanks (if you can spare the time),

Mark

Great review here: https://www.cloudynights.com/articles/cat/user-reviews/takahashi-mewlon-210-review-r2713

I have one. They're ok I s'pose.... 🤣🤣🤣

Lovely scope, really nice optical quality, better than equivalent sized SCTs I've tried. It's the only scope I know where you can use the finder as a carry handle!!

Sure it will sell quickly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Stu sums it up nicely. Decent aperture, good contrast, open tube so seems to cool fairly quickly and is less prone to dew. I am going to stop there or I won't want to sell it :) 

• Like 1

Hi Al,

Just sent you a PM with a couple of questions. 

Thanks, 

Jack

I have a 180 and would love to see what an increase in aperture can do, but have a feeling this won't be around for long.

Best telescope name ever.

• Like 1

Scope now sold. Thanks for all of the posts.

Al

25 minutes ago, MattJenko said:

I have a 180 and would love to see what an increase in aperture can do, but have a feeling this won't be around for long.

Best telescope name ever.

Resisted buying the one you bought Matt now resisted buying this one and it was even closer, never new I had that much will power 😂

Dave

Edited by Davey-T
  • Like 1