stargazine_ep39_banner.thumb.jpg.b87bddaa2aded94d2a3456c0589a82b9.jpg

COMPLETED - SOLD: QSI 660wsg-8 Mono CCD Camera + QSI Pelican Case + Cables and Accessories

THIS ITEM HAS NOW BEEN SOLD.

This listing is for my personal camera (Kayron from Light Vortex Astronomy). It is a QSI 660wsg-8 monochrome CCD camera with the onboard 8-position filter wheel and Off-Axis Guider (OAG).

The camera has been extremely well kept and cared for. I am supplying them in the original QSI pelican case, alongside the power adapter (with EU and UK plugs), a new USB cable, the QSI Allen wrench set, the 2" adapter for the camera and the guiding cable. The camera's condition is as-new.

The QSI 660wsg-8 requires a single USB connection to control both imaging and the filter wheel. It also cools to -45°C below ambient temperature. The CCD sensor is Sony's ICX694, which is extremely low noise requiring no darks whatsoever and having peak Quantum Efficiency of 77%. The readout noise is also extremely low at only 3.97e as per my own measurement. Its full well capacity is of 17,719e, also as per my own measurement. For more information, please see QSI's website:

https://qsimaging.com/products/600-series/qsi-660/

Please note that this camera currently retails at just over £3,700 from UK suppliers, €4,400 from European suppliers or $4,200 from US suppliers. Payment is preferred via bank transfer but PayPal is OK with an extra 2.9% to cover PayPal fees. I'll cover postage to you via tracked Courier.

I welcome any questions you may have regarding this listing. Thank you for looking.

Open Case.jpg

Case Contents.jpg

Top of Camera.jpg

Camera Filter Wheel.jpg

Closed Case.jpg

Edited by Gib007
4 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Hi Kayron, you also sold your Astrodons as well .....  You are not exiting astronomy are you?  What would we all do without your webiste?!

Hey! Don't worry, not the case - I'm only selling equipment and thinking about what other equipment to buy! Thank you for the comment though! :)

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rolland Balazs
      Atik One 6.0 CCD + OAG + Astronomik filters + Atik-Eos adapter
      Include:
      - Astronomik II. LRGB; 6 nm Ha, SII, OIII filters
      - Unique Atik-Eos WORKING adapter
      - Power supply, USB cord
      - Pixinsight dark, flatdark, bias files
      Tape is against light pollution only. Of course some sketch on it but working perfect.
      Lacerta guide cam exclude.
      Bank transfer only.
      2.660,-GBP (2.999,-EUR) + postage.
      <private contact details removed>

• By Rchurt
      Hello,

I recently purchased my first telescope and camera, and now I want to make sure I have the correct Barlow or reducer to couple them together to achieve Nyquist sampling on the camera (or slight over-sampling). In case it’s important, I’m interested in planetary imaging—in theory that shouldn’t matter for this sampling question, but maybe there are other considerations to take into account.

I used this calculator (https://astronomy.tools/calculators/ccd_suitability) and plugged in my info:
      Telescope: Celestron 8 SE
      Camera: ZWO ASI462MC
      Seeing: experimented with this one, but would like to get optics that allow for poor or very poor
      Binning: prefer 1x1 to preserve spatial resolution, but could consider higher if SNR is a problem

I’ve seen on several forum posts that people often use a 2x Barlow to couple the two. However, according to this calculator, that will always lead to over-sampling. If anything, it says I should use no intermediate optics or even a reducer.

So my questions are:

Binning: Will I be able to see anything with 1x1 binning, or should I expect to need to bin to collect enough light?

Is there some other consideration that’s more important here than achieving correct sampling? It seems like most others are over-sampling, and perhaps there’s a good reason for this. If so, is there another formula that would let me determine the appropriate optics to buy?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    • By JemC
      Hi all,
      Not sure which section to put this in? getting started or cameras, (Mods please move if necessary)
      Need a little help/advice/recommendations,
      I have been away from my telescope/astrophotography for about 2 maybe 3 years, i kind of lost the mojo for it, but now looking to get back to it,  So i'm looking for camera advice/help,
      Previously i only ever used a DSLR for astrophotography, however i am thinking do i stick with that or do i get something different? I know there will be a learning curve with new camera setup,
      My area of interest is/would be Nebulae and Galaxies,i know there is no one camera fits all kind of thing, so Nebulae would be my main interest with Galaxies coming 2nd.
      My current scope is the (Older Blue Model) Sky-Watcher Evostar 80 DS-PRO ED, so with that in mind what would be a good camera to pair that with, colour or mono i'm not fussed really,
      My budget for new/2nd hand camera is £700 but could maybe stretch to £800.
      Any help/advice (good or bad) will be greatly appreciated. 
      Regards
      JemC
    • By Corpze
      Hi, I just published a video of how I am cleaning my filters - I thought I might do this while my telescope is back at service due to some kind of astigmatism.
      How do you guys clean your filters? it seems that every dust particle finds it way to the filters just as you are done cleaning them, and to sit in a damp bathroom seems kind of a mess...

Anyway, here is the video
      / Daniel

• By Anthony RS
      SOLD
      Selling the filter for 70€ . Original price around 230$ (including shipping, vat and customs).

The filter is in excellent condition, used only 3 times. No fingerprints, no scratches no dust (image attached).

I will also handle the shipping through my post office without cost. If another shipping method is requested, then we'll have to to discuss the price.
      Contact me if interested.

Clear Skies,
      Anthony

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.