Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Greg_1920

First attempt on the bubble Nebula

Hello, this is my first attempt on NGC 7635 with my skywatcher 250pds on an NEQ6 synscan mount. These are 7min subs stacked to a total exposure of 5 hours taken with my unmodified canon 700d and a skytech cls filter. No coma corrector was used as I haven't gotten one yet. I'm just wondering how I could make my images look clearer when zoomed in and improve them overall as I can see the image gets more blurry when I zoom in onto the bubble, should I use a higher magnification? Do I need to take more darks to get rid of the redness around the image ? Or perhaps I stretched the image too much in Photoshop? I used 10 darks, 60 bias and 60 flat frames. 

Update: I have now further processed my image with greater care and got a much better result. 

Thanks 

Greg

bubbletest1jpeg.jpg

BESTjepg111.jpg

Edited by Greg_1920
More info
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Spider-Man
      Hi everyone,
      I'm looking to get a reasonably portable astrophotography set-up, using a 60-100mm refractor, with a suitable goto mount.  I spotted the Explore Scientifice exos2-gt with pmc-eight goto system, which looks like quite an elegant solution, and wondered if anybody in the forum owns this mount, and what they think of it's performance & usability?
    • By Spider-Man
      Hi, I'm keen to buy a small good quality refractor primarily for astrophotography of galaxies and nebulae.   I'd like to use my Pentax K1 full frame DSLR with the telescope.
      Reviewing YouTube & Google the; Altair Astro 72 EDF deluxe & William Optics 71GT look like they might be good models to go for.  I'd welcome the community's views on both, and any other alternatives people recommend.
    • By gorann
      I spent Friday night collecting 13 hours on the well known Bubble nebula (NGC7635) together with two less known emission nebulas, Sh2-159 (down to the right) and NGC7538 (upper right). Aladin Sky Atlas gives no name for the black nebulosity in the centre.
      RGB collected with Esprit 150 and ASI071 (75 x 5 min). Ha collected with Esprit 100 and ASI1600 (27 x 15 min, Baader 3.5 nm Ha). Both side my side on the Mesu200 in my obsy. Ha added to the red channel in blend mode Lighten as 50%.
      The Bubble nebula came clearly out as more bluish-red than the others so expect there may be quite a bit of Oiii in it.
      Clouds moved in at 0100 and they have apparently decided to remian for at least a week.....

• By MalVeauX
      Hey all,
      I made an acquisition and processing tutorial a while back (3 years ago? Yikes!) and it is fairly dated in terms of what I'm doing these days. I've been asked for a long time to make a new one showing what I'm doing these days. Specifically how I'm processing a single shot image for both the surface and prominences and how to process them together to show prominences and the surface at once. I've abandoned doing split images and composites and strictly work from one image using layers. Acquisition does not use gamma at all anymore. Nothing terribly fancy, but it's not exactly intuitive so hopefully this new video will illustrate most of the fundamentals to get you started. Instead of an hour, this time it's only 18 minutes. It's real time from start to finish. I'm sorry for the long "waiting periods" where I'm just waiting for the software to finish its routine, it lasts 1.5 minutes and 30 seconds tops typically at first. The first 4 minutes is literally just stacking & alignment in AS!3. I typically will go faster than this, but wanted to slow down enough to try to talk through what I'm doing as I do it. Hopefully you can see each action on the screen. I may have made a few mistakes or said a few incorrect things or terms, forgive me for that, this is not my day job. I really hope it helps folk get more into processing as its not difficult or intimidating when you see a simple process with only a few things that are used. The key is good data to begin with and a good exposure value. Today's data came from a 100mm F10 achromatic refractor and an ASI290MM camera with an HA filter. I used FireCapture to acquire the data with a defocused flat frame. No gamma is used. I target anywhere from 65% to 72% histogram fill. That's it! The processing is fast and simple. I have a few presets that I use, but they are all defaults in Photoshop. A lot of the numbers I use for parameters are based on image scale, so keep that in mind, experiment with your own values. The only preset I use that is not a default is my coloring scheme. I color with levels in Photoshop, and my values are Red: 1.6, Green 0.8, Blue 0.2 (these are mid-point values).
      Processing Tutorial Video (18 minutes):
      https://youtu.be/RJvJEoVS0oU
      RAW (.TIF) files available here to practice on (the same images you will see below as RAW TIFs):
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zjeoux7YPZpGjlRGtX6fH7CH2PhB-dzv
      Video for Acquisition, Focus, Flat Calibration and Exposure (20 minutes):
      (Please let me know if any links do not work)
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Results from today using this work flow method.
      Colored:

B&W:

SSM data (sampled during 1.5~2 arc-second seeing conditions):

Equipment for today:
      100mm F10 Frac (Omni XLT 120mm F8.3 masked to 4")
      Baader Red CCD-IR Block Filter (ERF)
      PST etalon + BF10mm
      ASI290MM
      SSM (for fun, no automation)

Very best,

• By paulobao
      Hello everyone,

QHY5-II (MONO) - as new with original box and acessories.
      Great guiding camera!
      Check some photos at Astrobin or Stargazers Lounge under "paulobao".

I just quit the hobby and sold all my gear (FS102, G11, QSI532, etc...).

Price 70 GBP shipping included.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.