Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 Dumbbell - first OAG

rodrigol

My first image using a C11 Edge HD  with 0.7 reducer and Celestron's OAG. Main camera is ASI1600MC. Guide camera is QHY5L-IIM. I only did 50 x 30s Lights and used master darks, flats and bias from a new library. I recently added a pier to my obsy and have been working on getting the scope and assorted equipment on it into shape for the autumn and winter skies. This was a test of various components of the setup.

The image is far from perfect but I'm quite happy. One mystery for me was that I had to use GRBG as the Debayer pattern to get the colors right.

Autosave006_ABE.thumb.jpg.9b4b9a15968e63b0ee98c052820f6f73.jpg

Comments are more than welcome!

R:)

• Like 11

Very nice image. :) 

One thought about the debayer. did you rotate the images at all before debayering. I remember this caused me a problem once, so just a thought.

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 1

Hi Richard,

Thank you!

Good point about debayering and could explain what is going on. The images where taken as FITS and I didn't use PI to process them where I could have selected up-bottom FITS. I ended up using DSS and testing all the generic debayer patterns until I got the colours right 🙂

R:)

Edited by rodrigol