Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best stacking software?

Sunday night I had chance to a imaging run so I got my 100 best astrophotography targets book out for idea and went for the ngc 7000 north american nebula. got apt up and running connected to my equipment, did the imaging run and got the files saved to my laptop. All I need to do now is stack them. What software do people use?

1 minute ago, mark skelton said:

Can that handle deferent file sizes as my ha file size is 970 x 730 and the rgb files are 1940 x 1460?

It can handle anything thrown at it.  Those file sizes would not be a problem, even if there were 100s of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark skelton said:

I tried dss It di'unt like the deverent file sizes

APP can combine both sizes but you wouldn’t stack them together at once.

I would stack one set first, but take a note of the reference sub chosen by APP. I would then do a second stack and use the reference sub from the first stack as your reference. This will line up the second set of data with the first set so that it can be easily processed in PS.

Edited by tooth_dr