Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Wizard nebula in SHO

john2y

Hey guys,

few weeks ago I started shooting the Wizard nebula in narrowband so I could process it in SHO. I was originally planning on doing 10 hours per channel but then I've decided to cut the times short as I started a different project which is much bigger than this one (the Dark shark nebula)

I ended up with 6 hours of Ha and 2 hours of Oiii and Sii each. 

Processed it in Pixi and even though the image is noisy and the stars look terrible, it's done. Next time I'll try to do better.

1135618243_arda.thumb.jpg.becd100268d22e6ccc053144744ad8c4.jpg

Cheers 

Jan

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dave_galera said:

Nice image but yes I agree on the noise. I always use MureDenoise on the Ha, OIII and SII masters just before they are combined, however, there may be problems with MureDenoise and variable gain cameras. This article refers https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=9206.0

Thank you for the tip! I'm looking into it and just from what I've tried in pixi just to see what's it about I really like it.

5 hours ago, alan potts said:

Wonder ful shaot there, I think it's very nice. When I see this It always reminds me of Yes with Rick Wakeman playing all those keyboards around him.

Thank you, I googled few images and I know exactly what you mean :D 

• Like 1