SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kstars/Ekos EQMOD mount meridian flip

JamesF

I set up one of my mounts to do an automated meridian flip tonight, but it didn't.  Fortunately I was there watching it so could pause the session and do the job manually.

However, is there some magic that I can't find at the moment to allow Ekos to do a meridian flip on a NEQ6?  I've looked through all the controls and can't find anything obvious.

James

Looks like I'm running version 2.9.4, but I don't have those meridian flip options on that screen, so perhaps it isn't the latest.

Where it does appear for me is in the sequence tab.  I had "meridian flip if HA > 0.00" checked there and Ekos claimed to be waiting for a meridian flip to happen at that point, but nothing did.

James

Aha,  It appears that whilst many of the components I have installed are from the INDI PPA at Launchpad, the Kstars package isn't, because there it is called "kstars-bleeding" rather than just "kstars".  I shall contemplate an upgrade if I can't get the flip working, though I have to admit that I'm a little wary of changing things now I appear to have just about everything else running (apparently) smoothly.

James

• 1 month later...

James , did you ever get to the bottom of this? Also, do you know of any good tutorials showing how to use the scheduler to create target selections and imaging runs then flip, re-align and continue imaging. I have recently made the move to Ekos ant the moment I am creating my imaging runs on the camera tab but I am manually getting targets, plate solving and setting the guiding going, then starting the run.

I've not really got to the bottom of it, no.  Mostly because clear nights have been in somewhat short supply over the last few weeks :(

As soon as we get some more I shall be returning to the problem to try to sort it out.

James