Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My next project: tracking the ISS

Vroobel

13 hours ago, Vroobel said:

Now I have to think hard how to make the proper slew to expected position and wait for the ISS. There is no place for mistakes, I can make 1 attempt per sesion, as I read the ISS is well visible once per 63 days. Maybe it's visible through the telescope, byt not so good. It will take some time.

This is likely not going to work without a guide scope. The ISS will be visible in the main camera for only a splitsecond. No matter wheter you give the start signal manually or automatically, this will probably result with the ISS being off screen.

The ISS is visible in waves. For about 2-3 weeks in the evening, then a few weeks nothing, then 2-3 weeks in the morning. There are 2 periods in the year where it is visible in the evening and the morning. Check Heavens Above for your passes.

15 hours ago, Vroobel said:

but I couldn't use it because of not equatorial mount

That's why I added Alt/Az support 😀
But yes, lack of ASCOM is the bigger problem.

• Thanks 1

On 01/09/2019 at 21:48, Vroobel said:

I can make 1 attempt per sesion, as I read the ISS is well visible once per 63 days.

An orbit only takes about 90 minutes so, especially in the summer, you get 2 goes, shorter ones in winter as it tends to be eclipsed by the earths shadow.

Dave