Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This is my first post on stargazer’s lounge, so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask.
I have a SkyWatcher AZ-GTi mount (with a firmware update + eq wedge so that it can run in eq mode). I also have a Raspberry Pi 4 with INDI, KStars, and Ekos tools. I don’t have a guidescope (and my budget is extremely limited), so I was wondering if there was a way to polar align my DSLR using just the software running on the Raspberry Pi.
I’m also competent in Python, if that could be useful for anything.
I've been having another crack at DSO imaging lately, and I've managed to produce this from 6 hours of integration:
I'm quite pleased with it but I'm very new to image processing, so I'd be incredibly grateful if someone wouldn't mind having a go at processing my data!
Lights: 46x4min + 66x3min Stacked with Dark, Flat and Bias frames Stacked in DSS and processed in GIMP Taken under Bortle 7/8 skies Gear:
SkyWatcher ED80 0.85x Reducer Astro-Modified EOS 600D ZWO ASI 120MM Mini Guide Camera with 9x50 Finderscope HEQ5 Pro Mount There's some dust bunnies and other artefacts on the image that I know I could spend more time removing, however I'm wondering if I'm doing my data justice in processing!
So on Tuesday night I spent the evening imaging the moon with my Celestron 9.25 SCT and DSLR as shown below and am happy with the images I collated (I only took images as I did intend to take capture video but I got carried away and time was getting on).
I have approx 350 jpeg (and the equivalent in raw) images and have used the Microsoft image composite editor to stitch the frames together without editing them first etc but I wonder if I'm going the images an injustice?
I'm not ready to pay for editing software as I know there is a lot of very good free downloads out there and I'm asking for recommendations. Should I be processing the frames before/after stitching and what software would you recommend? Please offer any advice you have.
I will post the resulting image once I'm happy with the outcome 😁
Thanks in advance!
By lux eterna
My last imaging for this season resulted in 11 x 10 minutes on M51, but I already had 23 x 15 minutes from previous seasons so here is some 7 1/2 hours of data.
The 23x15 minutes subs were taken under a pretty dark sky (SQM-L = 21.65), while the rest were approx 21.5. Used a modded Nikon D7000 in a 8" Meade LX200-ACF on HEQ5 Pro, guided with NexGuide. I am still amazed that stars were pinpoint in all 23 of the 15 minutes subs. I guess it helped that the OTA was pointing near zenith so flexure and mirror lock issues should have been minimal. Nowadays I stick to max 10 minutes subs.
By lux eterna
With so little time left of this season, I pointed my Meade LX200-ACF to Coma Berenices so I would get as many galaxies as possible in one single frame. Used a Nikon D7000, HEQ5 Pro and NexGuide. Two nights gave a total of 6-7 hours of 10 minutes subs (1600mm F/7.8 iso200).