Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from a cold and snowy Aberdeen

McMoon

Just been nosing around this forum for a little while now and thought I had best register.

Anyway, I am from Aberdeen and currently have no toys!! :) well, unless you count a small 1.5'' refractor I got 25 years ago and the mount is less stable than an unstable thing :lol:

I shall post in the other section as I have a question or 2.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Andy,

[glow=red,2,300]Welcome to the forum[/glow]

Aberdeen eh bet's it's bad up there at the moment with this snow :shock: :lol:

Look forward to your post's

James :)

It is cold again..almost got rid of the last lot of snow from last week and then its snowed for about 8hrs non stop today.

Cant wait for it to ice over and snow...just in time for the 7.50am drive to work :roll:

Looking forward to my posts eh!!

This is the first and I really cant promise they get any more challenging than this..for the moment. :)

Welcome Andy, Good to see another Northerner on the Forum. We had 8" of snow in "sunny" Glasgow last night. No observing for a week as the weather has been so bad. Never mind, I better go and pull a beer out of the fridge :drunken:

Tom

Welcome Andy, Good to see another Northerner on the Forum. We had 8" of snow in "sunny" Glasgow last night. No observing for a week as the weather has been so bad. Never mind, I better go and pull a beer out of the fridge :drunken:

Tom

I am a jolly foreigner....last September I was in Berkshire.. I am a home county boy. Came up here for people who talk to each other, leave the rat race and get a bit of QUALITY back in my life. :sunny:

Adoptees to "Furry boots city" are still welcome :lol:

Tom

I am a jolly foreigner....last September I was in Berkshire.. I am a home county boy. Came up here for people who talk to each other, leave the rat race and get a bit of QUALITY back in my life. :sunny:

Aren't you also on S@N Forum??

Tom

Hi Andy & welcome to the forum.

Sorry but you can keep the snow your end.

Still we've had wall to wall cloud here in Linc's,which seem's like week's now. :lol:

While it's like this,there's always plenty to chat about here at SGL enjoy :)

Mick

Adoptees to "Furry boots city" are still welcome :)

Welcome Andy,  Good to see another Northerner on the Forum.   We had 8" of snow in "sunny" Glasgow last night.    No observing for a week as the weather has been so bad.     Never mind, I better go and pull a beer out of the fridge    :drunken:

Tom

Aren't you also on S@N Forum??

Tom

Yup,

I am on the S@N forum.

It doesn't seem as active.Has the member numbers but only a very small number seem to post on a regualr basis.

1 current expensive hobby :shock:

1 re-kindled hobby turning out to be just as expensive :shock: :shock:

But at least this kit lasts more than 18 months 8)

Still, naff weather has stopped me from doing both for the last 3 weeks :lol:

edit...thanks again to you all for the very warm welcome. :)

Woohoo that looks good. Had a go on a land yacht last year in France. Fantastic fun, fast!! Gybing in a F7 was interesting. Oh I could chat about this Andy but I suppose that's for a different forum :lol: 2 weather dependent hobbies though. Hair tear out time.

Oh I could chat about this Andy but I suppose that's for a different forum :) 2 weather dependent hobbies though. Hair tear out time.

Yup,different forums for that.I am on about 5 with the same username.

And yes, it gets frustrating with 2 weather dependant hobbies.

Maybe I should crochet instead :lol:

Archived