SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First look.

Redscouse

Hi all, 

Used the ED80 for the first time last night whilst away with a works do. Having been there before, i knew it would be dark, i just hoped the sky would be clear. 

About 1030pm, the clouds cleared for a short time so i quickly setup and pointed at Jupiter. Only having the one 2" eyepiece that came with the scope, had to use my 1.25s. I went through a couple of them and ended up with 6mm and could just about make out the top band of red and three, possibly four of the moons. 

I then turned my attention to Saturn. I was surprised how bright it was. I could clearly see the rings around it, although only as one complete ring. A colleague came over to have a look and hearing his reaction when he saw Saturn reminded me of the first time i saw it. 

After hearing/reading lots of good things about this scope i had high expectations and have to admit, I wasn't disappointed. I still love my reflectors however i would happily recommend this scope to any of my family (which is my benchmark test) 

All in all, top notch piece of kit and I'm looking forward to capturing some lovely images with it. 

Pete. 

• Like 3