Narrowband

23-VIII-19 - Prominences

Rob Sellent

The Sun is putting on quite a display this morning. There are a number of active prominences on the lower half of the Sun - as seen through an Ha 60mm -  and two relatively large proms around 6pm, one of which appears to be reaching out to some 150,000km :smile:

Well worth a visit if you get a chance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Sellent said:

The Sun is putting on quite a display this morning. There are a number of active prominences on the lower half of the Sun - as seen through an Ha 60mm -  and two relatively large proms around 6pm, one of which appears to be reaching out to some 150,000km :smile:

Well worth a visit if you get a chance

Thanks Rob I will get out the PST +DS and hopefully the Sun will stay out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

i’ll get onto the computer later and upload on of the images.

Look forward to that, Merlin. I really should have sketched the Sun today but by 10am I was already sweating and dripping wet under the solar-hood 😅

Some clear gaps in the clouds at last!. Just in time to catch a globe of material, probably the size of the Moon, rising amongst the fainter image of the brighter of the two proms. Best proms for a while. 150mm PST mod x150.   😎