SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kelling Autumn 2019 - Who? What? Where?

daz

Hi all

I think's it's time to start the Who's going, where I am and what I'm doing thread!!

So....

Daz and Mrs Daz, 21st to 29th, Red 351

Going to go slightly mad this time and attempt 3 different things:

1. ED72 + AtikOne + StarAdventurer on M45

2. ASI120MC + All Sky lens

3. DSLR - star trails

i confidently predict the weather will play ball and I will be successful.... 

Say Hi if you are passing, there will be tea/coffee/beer depending on weather and time of day!!

:D

daz.jpg

Jim and I will be on yellow 149 as usual.

I'll have my Altair  Starwave 70edt triplet on Ioptron IEQ30pro and Atik 428 ccd in an observatory tent.

Jim will hopefully have his Altair Starwave 152 on his IEQ45 for video and sketching.

Our silver motorhome will be there too.

I hope you're right about the weather, it's about time.

Say Hi if you are passing, there will be tea/coffee/beer depending on weather and time of day!!

and Lyra?

I'm on T311 

Usual rig, though the ED80 focusser slipped last time I use it.  Have had some-one fix it for me, so depends whether it plays up again whether I will be able to use the dual rig.  Other scopes are ED120 and WOZS71 depending on target.

Booked from Thursday to Monday but will stay longer/come earlier if the weather is good enough.

Carole 

Edited by carastro

9 hours ago, carastro said:

Usual rig, though the ED80 focusser slipped last time I use it.  Have had some-one fix it for me, so depends whether it plays up again whether I will be able to use the dual rig.  Other scopes are ED120 and WOZS71 depending on target.

I must come around and have a look at your dual rig setup. I tried last winter but had an issue with flexure which I later discovered to be my finder/guider  screws were loose. It was piggybacked but I found the top telescope couldn't be used in certain position as it was obscured by the dome roof.

• Like 1

I found the top telescope couldn't be used in certain position as it was obscured by the dome roof.

I have that problem in my dome too, but I have a POD so anything too close to the Zenith is a problem anyway.  So I had a dome table built and have to slide the dome off for anything too high, bit of a palaver though.

Do come and see me at Kelling, but in the meantime, this is my dual rig, but photo taken during the daytime with all the cables hooked up.

EXBWyI3rFYwY_1824x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

This is the dome table

spacer.png

and the scopes looking near Zenith with the dome slid off.

spacer.png

The dome is in the way towards NE in this position, but since the sky is moving in the opposite direction, it has never been a problem.

No such problems at a star party though.  Though I have bought myself a camping observatory, mainly for the wind, but do like the having an observatory around me having got used to being inside the POD.  

Sorry to side track this thread.

Carole 

Edited by carastro

I'll be on the same pitch as Peter ('Top end'ish of" Yellow" field) - just to make sure you  find it Peter it's Pitch T138 and the dates we are booked are 23rd to 30th September 🤣.  

I'll be bringing my refractors, and no doubt the last of the three amigos (Andy) will have some weird and wonderful radio ham equipment - usually very tall and visible from quite a distance!

ED - it's the equipment that's very tall and visible from quite a distance - not Andy!

Do come by and say hello - astronomers, radio hams and natural history buffs all welcome.

485797814_P5140489At45Degrees.thumb.jpg.84c13d51942e4db38bb9b061b34eac3d.jpg   PA010007b.thumb.jpg.c1530b96c69f3abddb947f66bdd851ee.jpg

Edited by paulastro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm booked on 352 on the Red field from the Wednesday through to the Sunday, but I might stay longer if the weather is good.  I'll have a tent this year rather than the motorhome. 

I'm planning on bringing my ZWO 294MC Pro camera on my trusty 80ED for imaging on my new-to-me AZ EQ6 GT mount.  I probably also bring my Astro-modified Canon 1100D to use on my iOptron Skytracker mount for some wide field targets.

58 minutes ago, apophisOAS said:

Hi all, i am on 314 from 23rd to 30th ,driving a hired caravanette 6 berth for the first time!

Using a dual rig like Carole, Sw120 ed ds-pro , Altair Astro Ed66-r, Canon 1000d and Sky-Watcher EQ6-R PRO and first time at Kelling for my Eagle3 control unit.

Roger

52902742_466654097202710_1960052963124707328_n.jpg

I'd like to come and see your dual rig too. My 2nd attempt is to try a tandem setup. When are you arriving?

On 21/08/2019 at 12:34, michaelmorris said:

I'm booked on 352 on the Red field from the Wednesday through to the Sunday, but I might stay longer if the weather is good.  I'll have a tent this year rather than the motorhome. 

I'm planning on bringing my ZWO 294MC Pro camera on my trusty 80ED for imaging on my new-to-me AZ EQ6 GT mount.  I probably also bring my Astro-modified Canon 1100D to use on my iOptron Skytracker mount for some wide field targets.

Hi Michael, i would like any tips for my Canon 1000d modified on either of my scopes.

Roger

I am on T 166  22nd to 30th and in the same field as the UKAI team.

I'll have-G11-Gemini 2-Altair 115 EDT- DSLR-Atik 428ex etc - Sky Watcher SA- Eyepieces -Laptop with red screen- PST and other kit.

Oh and the Tent .

I want to image and observe, hence the Celestron. But also do some widefield imaging with my Megrez ED80 II.

I hope this years EQSP has better weather conditions and I also hope people don't go mad buying up pitches. I was lucky to get mine this year.

Edited by PaulB

• 2 weeks later...