Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SynScan WiFi

Hi I’ve A skywatcher  WiFi mount  that I be had 2 yrs today I set it up and the WiFi on my device did not reckonise  my the WiFi mount my mobile I pad the skywatcher up I’ve tried deleting the SynScan app and re installing that never worked been tight next to hub and that never picked the SynScan  mount up now I’ve tried power supply instead of batteries still nothing can anyone help me please

Edited by Adidaz 29

Hi Adidaz, I had similar problems with my SynScan Dob at first, it turned out that the AZ power cable was not fully pushed into the sockets both top and bottom ends, you need to push them in very firmly until you hear them click home. I did that and all worked perfectly. May not be your problem but that would be my first thing to check.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Barnes said:

Hi Adidaz, I had similar problems with my SynScan Dob at first, it turned out that the AZ power cable was not fully pushed into the sockets both top and bottom ends, you need to push them in very firmly until you hear them click home. I did that and all worked perfectly. May not be your problem but that would be my first thing to check.

Hi Everyone 

I am using with my EQ5Pro mount without any issues, and no interference from home WiFi

The issue I am having is with one star or two star search

When go to save first star, instruction is to do up and right to save, which I cannot get to do

With second star, the App gives you a list it thinks you want, not what you want to use

Anyone else having issue saving first star

John

It is the wifi channel that the synscan app is using. But you can't look to do that until you turn your home wifi off. Then turn on your mount and hopefully now synscan app will connect. Once connected change the channel that the synscan app uses so next time the home WiFi in on hopefully synscan will still find your mount.

Long shot but take the mount to the furthest point away from house  / router. Turn wifi off on Ipad, turn mount on and when its been on about 2 mins turn wifi back on but with your body in between mount and router, should see the mounts wifi then.

• 5 weeks later...