Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

nightfisher

Gasp! nightfisher does visual

For the first time in about 18 months i have just pointed a scope at the night sky, quick look at Jupiter, i think this is the first time i have viewed a planet in about 2 years, did not last long as the cloud swallowed it up, skymax 127 on AZ4 with 18mm BGO and 12mm starguider....and Anteres 40mm plossl to find it an sort finder scope

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

That's good to hear, Nightfisher 🙂 You were lucky, its pretty much 100% cloud cover here and didn't even get a peak. Were you able to catch a glimpse of the GRS?

It eventually sucks you back in. I had a break of 7 months, and only just starting up again myself. Welcome back! 

• Like 1

Congrats on that small success, it can drive you nuts, setting up promise of clear sky, cloud, light rain, therefore take the scope indoors, look out 30min later clear and dark. 

• Like 1