Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tak owners - finders?

12 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Absolutely disgraceful, shameful even.................Do you mean like this Jeremy ?

I deliberately overexposed this pic so you could easily seen the green  finder holder contrasting with the blue focuser (for those of a sensitive colour disposition, do not look at the pic to closely).

And to make things even worse, I sometimes use a green tube holder clamp as well< Shocking, I know. In my defense I also have a blue tube clamp, but it's the broader one, so slightly heavier for travelling...

There - I've said it now.

IMG_5968.JPG.0900f7601cc19646b197dbd8c48c65dc.JPG

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I deliberately overexposed this pic so you could easily seen the green  finder holder contrasting with the blue focuser (for those of a sensitive colour disposition, do not look at the pic to closely).

That green-blue chromatic aberration, is not at all what I expected from a Takahashi scope....:hiding:

• Haha 4

I love the 6x30 Tak finder. When I first looked through it at the moon I was amazed at the contrast and sharpness. It looks good on the FC100 in my mind it's how my telescope should  look. Looks odd without it.

It's fiddly to set up a pain to use over priced but I wouldn't sell it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StarryEyed said:

....It's fiddly to set up a pain to use (and) over priced.....

Just mere details ....... :smiley:

I like the black finish of the focuser and finder mount on my 1st run FC-100DL. Pity they just made 100 of them.

• Like 1

Here is a serious but probably also ridiculous question for Tak finder owners:  can they also be used as guide scopes?  I guess I'm asking if one can attach a camera.  

For the record:  (1) I actually look at the night sky with by FC 100DF, (2) I like the new Tak blue too.  

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Are you left eye dominat? If not it's on the wrong side 🤔

Regards Andrew 

You don’t get a choice - that’s how Tak wants it 😱

unless you rotate the entire scope but then the focus wheels would be in a peculiar angle.

Edited by dweller25

My solution for a finder.  With all the go to, I just feel magnification i't needed, at least up to this point.

So I dremeled one of the bases to my Quickfinder.  Drilled the hole a little bigger, just enough to be snug and still grab.

This will do for now.  I do have a 7X50 bracket from my previous TSA102, but it is green and will not get used on this scope.  Probably will sell it when I get around to it.

IMG_20190906_143529792.jpg

Edited by JCAZ

23 hours ago, JCAZ said:

My solution for a finder.  With all the go to, I just feel magnification i't needed, at least up to this point.

So I dremeled one of the bases to my Quickfinder.  Drilled the hole a little bigger, just enough to be snug and still grab.

This will do for now.  I do have a 7X50 bracket from my previous TSA102, but it is green and will not get used on this scope.  Probably will sell it when I get around to it.

IMG_20190906_143529792.jpg

That's what I was doing with my Telrad, and what I wanted to get away from. But yes, it certainly works!   :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A McEwan said:

That's what I was doing with my Telrad, and what I wanted to get away from. But yes, it certainly works!   :) 

Well,

There's a couple things I like about this setup.  1) It sits up high, and is not as big as a Telrad  2) the device is not at the bottom of the telescope, which, when pointing skyward, can leave the finder in a very difficult spot to actually use.

I do have a 7X50, but these days optical finders seem a bit out of place with all the goto in use.  I mean, it's a finder that you don't need to use to, well, find anything.  And it adds extra weight and bulk.

Ideally I would like to find a place to put a nice red dot, but again, mounting at the back of the scope leaves it is a bit of a difficult position when it comes to ease of use.

I welcome suggestions regarding a good quality red dot, and a good place to mount it.

john