Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Darker Evenings are coming

Concretedan

Hi all,

It's been a busy year and what seems like a long summer!  The nights are starting to draw in now so I will be unpacking my gear very  shortly.  If there are any plans for a meet up soon I would very much like to come along!

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1

Hi Dan, good to hear from you again. We've had a couple of sessions up at the car park on the ridge at the top of the hill overlooking the Campsite you'd spoken to previously, but it's been a very busy year. 

Hopefully we can get a few sessions in this season. 

Ade

• Like 1

On 16/08/2019 at 05:30, AdeKing said:

Speaking of which, I know it's a little short notice, but Sunday's looking good, weatherwise, and I'm planning to head up to the carpark above Creech for the evening. Anyone else up for that? 

Kev

On 16/08/2019 at 05:30, AdeKing said:

Hi ft, good to hear from you again. We've had a couple of sessions up at the car park on the ridge at the top of the hill overlooking the Campsite you'd spoken to previously, but it's been a very busy year. 

Ade

I'm afraid that I've already booked for the Wessex Astro Family event at Durlston on Sunday evening. 

You're welcome to come along if you like, but I think it'll be quite busy. 

After much deliberation, I've decided to pass on Creech tonight. Thinking it might be busy up there, what with it being a bank holiday weekend, and if I set up in the garden at home I can enjoy a 🍺 😀

We had a frustrating session at Durlston. The sea mist kept rolling in between 21:00 and 23:00 but after that it was looking good. I had to bail as my other half wanted to get back but I suspect that the die hards were rewarded with nice clear skies.

Ade

17 hours ago, Concretedan said:

Think that was a good shout mate.  Looked like some sea mist rolled in last night from where I am in Hamworthy and Creech, being quite high, would have been covered I reckon.  Not sure how long it stayed though.

Cheers, that's good to know. In the end, the sky was spectacular over Piddletrenthide. Cracking session :)

Nice.  Glad you had a good one.  The seeing last night was fantastic.  As soon as I went outside in the garden the sky just lit up, even with my light polluted skies, but alas, the scope stayed tucked in as I had to be up very early for work!  Not clear until Sunday now I think.  Oh well never mind! 

• Like 1