Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Grumpy Martian

Small grab & go setup that can go on a plane.

8 hours ago, nonlinear said:

I've recently acquired an Altair Starwave 80ED-R. It's on an skywatcher AZ-GTI mount and the whole setup is light and surprisingly stable. I was looking at jupiter last night at about 160x without even aligning the mount and it was tracking really well. 

I watched that all week on Ebay and then forgot to bid....was totally gutted  :)  What a great setup.

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

I was quite tempted myself, even though I don't really need it with my 72mm. They are just so small though, something very appealing about that. Hope you enjoy it.

They are all tempting, even when you already have something. I forgot how additive all this kit is.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JeremyS said:

I always tell my wife that the telescope that's just been delivered is for my friend, too.

Thanks. My wife has just read your comment. It's blown my caper right out of the water. 😂 

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, russ said:

That looks epic :)

Just received the reducer/flattener for this. WOW! chunky piece of kit (technical term).

Glen.

• Like 2

This is what I use for travel abroad, total weight 7.75 Kg and I just split it between carry on and checked in baggage. It is the excellent TS72mm currently in France with me and last night had gorgeous views of Jupiter and Saturn!

DSC_0123-774x1376.JPG

DSC_0124-1376x774.JPG

• Like 5

On 16/08/2019 at 21:29, russ said:

I watched that all week on Ebay and then forgot to bid....was totally gutted  :)  What a great setup.

Thanks Russ. I've done that myself many times, it's REALLY annoying!