Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
ampleamp

M101 Pinwheel Galaxy cropped

Recommended Posts

This image came from the first set of subs i took in a dual setup system at the start of April. One camera was at near-45 degrees to the other so i fixed the problem and promptly forgot about these. Having re-found them I decided to try processing them anyway despite having to heavily crop, and no worthwhile flats. Happily most of my ccd dust is towards the edge of frame so they mostly got cut out.
Each scope produced just 10 each of LRGB 300" and one did an additional 10 x 300" Ha

I have treated this as more of a trial than anything else, but c&c are always welcomed.

Thanks for looking

M101_LRGB.png

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent result from a small amount of data.  It's a difficult target.

Carole 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks very good.  My CC would be to reduce the brightness of theM101--allot of details are hiding behind the glare.  As you increase contrast in the disc and spiral arms 2 things will happen  1) color will become more saturated--you can decrease s it if its too much color--but often it looks good and 2) details will emerge as long as focus and seeing permit--part of this will be the spiral arms will differentiate a bit more

 

It is a tough target and you have done well

Rodd

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking result I would say if lacking a bit of colour, it has a lovely something about it I just can't put into words, I like it.

Alan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all very much for the comments; i am fairly pleased as this was only ever to be an experiment, and nearly ended up being lost data.

I think my fundamental problem is that I don't have enough data and i'm sure that would go a long way to address Rodd and Alan's feedback

Edited by ampleamp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.