Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

FLO

Price-Matching @ FLO

When we last updated our website we included an offer to price-match competitor prices wherever possible.

Today we have made our offer more prominent and easier to use.

Every product description now has a blue 'Request a Price Match' button.

Simply click the button then enter details of the price to be matched.

We will endeavour then to reduce our price or (if it is a one-off) email you a discount code that will lower the price when at the Checkout. 

Nice & easy 🙂 

Please don't be embarrassed to click the button...

price-match-button.thumb.png.2ebb093a423961ea820e3b380af69b06.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Even prior to this addition FLO have come back to me with a price match within the hour so I am well pleased, this just makes it easier.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Our price-match offer will be especially useful this month because most Sky-Watcher prices have just increased... (Apologies for not providing a heads-up, we had very little notice). 

Our inventory system enables us to apply manufacturer's price changes quickly and en-masse but some retailers often need several days, sometimes a week or two, to update their websites. With this in mind we have set our Sky-Watcher prices to what we consider sensible (lower than recommended) but will run regular price-checks over the coming days/weeks then adjust ours to ensure we remain competitive 😇

While this is happening, please don't hesitate to request a price-match. 

HTH, 

Steve

£16 increase on the reducers 😞 

I'll still buy it anyway 🤣

Just now, SAW said:

£16 increase on the reducers 😞 

I'll still buy it anyway 🤣

As I type this, most/all our competitors are still displaying pre-increase prices so click the blue button 🙂 

Steve 

• Like 1

Just now, SAW said:

Done 😉

Well done that man 👍

• Like 1

Thanks for the discount code 👍

• Like 1

Aw man 😫, I’ve been humming and hawing over CEM60, EQ6-R and now CEM40 for months and now I’ve seen the CEM60 go up £100 and the EQ6-R £80. Can someone make the decision for me please!

I was looking at getting an esprit 120. It's a shame the price has gone up :(

On the bright side I think a reducer will be released for them soon ish. It looks to be a .65 reducer so a much wider field of view.

Posted (edited)

So happy I just bought the 72ED even though the Takahashi diagonal rose 12£ one day before I purchased but that's just how it is:)

Edited by Victor Boesen
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Icesheet said:

Aw man 😫, I’ve been humming and hawing over CEM60, EQ6-R and now CEM40 for months and now I’ve seen the CEM60 go up £100 and the EQ6-R £80. Can someone make the decision for me please!

I don't think our CEM60 price has changed... 

9 minutes ago, Joeistotalycool said:

I was looking at getting an esprit 120. It's a shame the price has gone up :(

Find a retailer who hasn't updated their website then ... click ... the ... blue ... button 😀

I reckon it will take our competitors around a week to respond to the change so don't leave it too long. 

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLO said:

I don't think our CEM60 price had changed... 

Find a retailer who hasn't updated their website then ... click ... the ... button 😀

I reckon it will take our competitors around a week to respond to the change so don't leave it too long... 

Steve

It was £1599 before the summer not sure exactly when it went up to £1699.  My indecisiveness is killing me. I’ll send the email I intended to send now. Actually you’ve already been helping but now I’ve added the CEM40 to the mix to complicate things. A final decision on this will be made tomorrow! I think 🤔 

By the way I think the blue button is a great addition to the site! 👍🏻

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Icesheet said:

Can someone make the decision for me please!

Buy them all. Simples!

Edited by Demonperformer
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, FLO said:

Our inventory system enables us to apply manufacturer's price changes quickly and en-masse but smaller retailers often take a few days, sometimes a week or two, to update their websites. With this in mind we have set our Sky-Watcher prices to what we consider sensible (lower than recommended) but will run regular price-checks over the coming days/weeks then adjust ours to ensure we remain competitive

So your excellent system requires you to constantly monitor prices manually, while your competitors just hold off increasing prices until they have sold out of their current stock and got new one sin? Ain't labour-saving technology marvellous?😉

Not that I am going to use them but as I see it you are cheaper than TS, reading between the lines I see them reduce prices on like for like items sold by the both of you and doing the maths your still cheaper.

Alan

3 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

So your excellent system requires you to constantly monitor prices manually, while your competitors just hold off increasing prices until they have sold out of their current stock and got new one sin? Ain't labour-saving technology marvellous?😉

Our price-check routine is semi-automated, not manual. It checks competitor prices then produces a report showing differences. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

After reading this post, I checked the price of a scope I have been holding off buying for the last month or so. Price had increased & I used the blue button & asked if I could get the scope at pre increase price. Got a quick reply back at 8.30am from Grant with a discount code. Item now purchased, thanks for the swift reply & your help Grant. Great service as usual from FLO 👍

• Thanks 1

Thank-you to you and everyone else who requested a price-match today. We really appreciate your orders 🙂 

At least one of our competitors has begun updating their prices so if you plan buying a Sky-Watcher telescope or mount then we recommend you do so soon. 

Steve 

@FLO pleased I ordered my new scope a few weeks ago then, just waiting patiently for delivery ⏳

38 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

@FLO pleased I ordered my new scope a few weeks ago then, just waiting patiently for delivery ⏳

Me too, I'm patiently waiting for my Esprit 150, which I ordered 2 weeks ago

John 

48 minutes ago, johnturley said:

Me too, I'm patiently waiting for my Esprit 150, which I ordered 2 weeks ago

John 

I only ordered 2/3rds of what you ordered John

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

I only ordered 2/3rds of what you ordered John

I take it you ordered an Esprit 100,

John 

1 hour ago, johnturley said:

I take it you ordered an Esprit 100,

John 

John you are correct, I'm looking forward to it arriving and hopefully some good nights outside with clear skies.

I see you are in Dronfield I've not been there since I stopped chasing eggs round a muddy field.

Cheers

Mark