Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

cotterless45

Waiting for ............anything !

Promising forecast , clear twilight but within an hour the clouds toiled in. Focussed on Jupiter and a first view for our eldest granddaughter. " Wow, what colours and stripes" oh young eyes. Just set the focus and the views will come and go. " Any other planets up ?" " Saturn , a bit later ". Clouds. 

Took a short opportunity to get cracking on some sub 2" binaries in Pegasus, before the clouds and moon arrived. Superb seeing , really got cracking . Hopefully , clear skies !

Nick.

IMG_7077.JPG

• Like 6

Similar story here, Nick. By the time I got out and set up, it was pretty much 100% cloud cover. They're lovely sketches and its great to hear a new generation enjoying the wonders of the night sky. I see you're using a C6. Is that the 150 f8 frac? That must be quite a beast but I bet it gives you some cracking views 😀

Yep , it's the "yard cannon ", about 11 kgs all up on Neq6. Lucky to get a great frac that does most things !

Nick.

No luck here, if I can get some money together I`m going to get a "yard Cannon" and sell both my other scopes just have the one all rounder.

• Like 1

Nice get together!

Nice splitting and sketches too!

• Like 1

How's the other mini yard cannon performing...😃

• Haha 1