Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Rocket Stars

Experiences with small guidscopes?

Hi! 

Having a edge 8hd and avx mount. Wich I learned is close to max weight, (if not too much) if you want to use guiding with that combo. 

To save weight, Im thinking if a small Guidescope could be of any benefit?   Or is it to be avoidable? Drawback is less aperture than ex. a 50-60mm 

Im going to set up Hyperstar in near future. So it will be used at f2. Was thinking to start with unguided, short exposure. But I realizing that I really dislike the 

Celestron handcontroller. So with a camera and guide cam. Polaraligment, plate solving. Seems to be much easier. 

cheers! 

Small guidescope with f2 imaging scope should work. 

Small guidescope and  f10 imaging scope - no

Michael 

• Like 1

Thank you! 

I think I will place a order on a 32mm guidscope. Was hoping some one had hands on experience,  and could say wich one is really good. :) 

Will place a order at one company with good reputation at least. Supplied with some direct questions first.