SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star101

Taken 27 July 19. from my ROR Garden Shed.

I did take the stars out using Starnet but prefered the stars in :)

30 x 300s SII,Ha,OIII - 2.5Hrs

TS65EQ with Atik EFW2 and ZWO AOG, Lodestar X2 guidcam.

Mesu 200 mount

ZWO 183mm pro at -20C 200 Gain.

Processed in Pixinsight.

Thanks for looking.

FinalView Master C.jpg

• Like 9

I must say, I am new to this NB malarky 😛

So I did some reading and played around a bit and OK, it's not the best, but it's my first go at adjusting the colours to a more acceptable level. Its a bit noisy but hey. One step at a time :)

Is this better?

Mel15 Master colour change C.jpg

The 200 gain is something I read on another forum for the ZWO 183mm pro camera when shooting NB. Full spectrum is 111 gain. I have no fixed thoughts. If someone can tell me why I should use different gain settings, I'm happy to try. 

2 hours ago, Star101 said:

If someone can tell me why I should use different gain settings, I'm happy to try. 

Cmos cameras generally don't like long exposure times because of possible amp glow, for example. During RGB imaging you collect more photons per second than during nb imaging. In order not to have too long exposure times for nb, you can increase the gain. Just remember that the total integration time needs to be the same: more short exposures in stead of fewer long exposures. 

• Like 1

You could try using MureDenoise on your Ha, SII and OII masters straight after integration.......this is a fantastic script that gets rid of just about all the noise, but the images have to be linear and have absolutely nothing done to them for it to work correctly

I think this is the last iteration :)

I removed the stars using Starnet and Clonestamp.

It's been a great learning curve for me. Thoroughly enjoyed this project. I have  other data to play with so will leave one for now.

Thanks for the help with this, much appreciated.

Mel15 Enhanced doneb stars removed.jpg

• Like 1