Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi still learning the ropes with my new Hypercam 183c pro
i took this image of the heart nebula the other evening, and now I realise I want a scope with a shorter focal length haha.
22x 240s stacked and calibrated in PI. Final touch up in PS 2018
SW ED80 DS pro with Altair light wave 0.8 reducer. Heq5 pro, Altair astro hypercam 183c pro. Guided.
We had a patch of clear skies last Sunday night, and even though it was bitterly cold (and there was ice and snow everywhere) I made the executive decision to get outside and have a go nonetheless. I have to setup and teardown each session, but thankfully I was able to move the car a few metres and take advantage of the nice dry (and ice free) ground underneath.
The plan was to grab some OIII data to go with the Ha I captured on the Heart Nebula a couple of weeks back (see link below) but all I could manage was 8 x 1200s before the clouds rolled in for good. In fact, 3 of the 8 subs were affected by clouds, but I decided to use them anyway as I figured it’s only going to get used for tone mapping, and not luminosity, and at such a short exposure time I really need all the SNR I can get. So I’m being a bit of a naughty boy by posting this before getting a decent amount of OIII first.
This is just a quick once-through process and is still missing some things, so it’s very much a work-in-progress at this stage, but I thought I’d post it anyway and I’ll update the thread as I make changes. So far, all I’ve done is process the OIII image (which involved gradient reduction, stretching, removing the stars then stretching some more, then quite a substantial amount of noise reduction). Then I combined it with the Ha image above in my usual manner, i.e creating a synthetic SII using 60% of the Ha image and 40% of the OIII image, and then combining all 3 using Annie’s Hubble Palette action.
So aside from some more work to refine the colour, I still need to work on the contrast, do some NR and also then finally some star reduction.
C&C welcome as always!
SW 80ED with FF/FR (510mm FL)
HEQ5 Pro Mount (belt mod)
11 x 1200s and 3 x 900s of Ha (2” Baader)
8 x 1200s of OIII (2” Baader)
30 Flats, 50 Bias. Dithered every frame.
Captured in SGP. Stacked in APP. Processed in PS.
Thanks for looking.
The Ha image:
Here's a quick WIP version of the Heart Nebula taken with my usual gear, the Nikon D5300a, SW 80ED, and HEQ5 Pro. So for this constitutes:
11 x 1200s and 3 x 900s of Ha (so 4 hrs 25 mins in total)
As usual, stacked in APP and processed in PS.
It's well placed here in the UK right now so I'm hoping to get some OIII in the coming weeks.
I'm never quite sure how much to process these images. Aside from the usual stretching, apart from a mild amount of deconvolution, sharpening, and contrast enhancement that's all I tend to do really.
I've also attached a false colour version using one of Carboni's actions.
C&C welcome as always.
Oh, and Happy Christmas everyone! (it's December now, it's allowed )
Ok this is the core of the Heart Nebular shot using my Orion Optics VX10 reflector on a NEQ6 goto mount, with belt drive mod. Shot on 550d Canon which I have astro-modified using the Baader filter mod. I use an Orion thin off axis guider with a QHYL-II mono camera as a guide camera. Attached to that is an Astronomik UHC filter which is used to get rid of the light pollution. The Pictures were shot using APT on my laptop. This is 240s x9 shots on Friday 17th November 2017 before the clouds took over. This is probably the second time I've got the kit working all together, I've only ever managed 40minute exposures so far. I've got a Ha filter I've yet to use and I still have not got round to making that Bahtinov mask . :-) Maybe I can add some data to this at a later date. I'm not particularly happy with the stars, I think the camera train is slightly crooked. Which is why I'm getting the red halos. Anyhow all a good learning experience.