Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron NexImage Camera Driver not working?

I just made an account on here so I could ask this! I have been trying to install the camera driver for a NexImage camera (for a NexStar 6SE telescope) on my Windows 10 computer, but since I bought this telescope in 2004, everything is out of date. The problem is when I plug the camera into the computer at the same time as having the NexImage downloads disk. The instructions say that when this happens, a "Found New Hardware" wizard should appear, and I just follow the prompts to download it. However, this is not coming up. My computer recognises the camera is plugged in, but for some reason it only recognises it as an audio device. 

I have tried downloading a driver from the Celestron website, but none of them seem to recognise the camera is plugged in. The model no. is #93712, if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks, Flo

1 hour ago, Florence said:

I just made an account on here so I could ask this! I have been trying to install the camera driver for a NexImage camera (for a NexStar 6SE telescope) on my Windows 10 computer, but since I bought this telescope in 2004, everything is out of date. The problem is when I plug the camera into the computer at the same time as having the NexImage downloads disk. The instructions say that when this happens, a "Found New Hardware" wizard should appear, and I just follow the prompts to download it. However, this is not coming up. My computer recognises the camera is plugged in, but for some reason it only recognises it as an audio device. 

I have tried downloading a driver from the Celestron website, but none of them seem to recognise the camera is plugged in. The model no. is #93712, if anyone knows how to fix this problem.

Thanks, Flo

Hello and welcome to SGL. I believe that the original Celestron Neximage might not be compatible with windows 10.  The method for installing drivers has changed, you should install the drivers before plugging a new device into the computer. Go to the windows device manager and uninstall and remove the drivers previously loaded. Install the software and drivers from the cd or from celestron's website then plug in the camera.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...