Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

-philip-

Hello (again!)

Hi, it's been a while - so much so I can't remember previous account log in details damn it.

I live in Devon, I enjoy astronomy although when I think about the distances etc my mind implodes a little.

I started with a 200p manual DOB which I loved, I replaced it with a 250 DOB with Goto which I don't love so much (I've struggled with Goto and how much of a beast it is to move around), and I've just bought a SkyMax 127 mak AZ-GTi WiFi which should be arriving on Monday. I've used my telescope much less since I bought the 250p Goto, I think I've been a bit scared of it! So the more portable 127 I am hoping to take on camping trips and up into Dartmoor.

Anyway greetings from Broadclyst. :)

• Like 1

Hello Philip, welcome back to the lounge.

Rick

Hi and welcome back to SGL. Would love to hear your opinion on the new scope.

Welcome! I spent too long running around Dartmoor to ever return for a camping trip - but I imagine the sky’s would be lovely. Whenever I was there I was very wet and scratched from crawling through gorse bushes 😂

Hello Phillip, and welcome back to SGL, see you around the forums.

Clear Sky's.

Hi, Philip, and welcome back to SGL.

I know what you mean about the 250 dob - used to own one and found it totally unmanageable. A move to a smaller one made all the difference. The best scope, as they say, is the one that gathers photons rather than just dust!

Enjoy the journey.