Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zeiss Conquest 10x42?

johnbaz

Hi all

As well as bins I also collect airguns, I recently swapped two of my rifles for a Zeiss Conquest 10x42 binocular, The warrenty said they were new in 2012 so are seven years old, The right extension tube (Sorry, Dunno the proper name!) was cracked and this played on my mind so much that I got in touch and traded back!!

Was I stupid as these bins are now almost a grand now and clarity/brightness etc was absolutely outstanding!! :hello2:

These are they!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

They came boxed with the manuals. warranty etc..

spacer.png

A pic of the crack that the original owner had tried to glue, I pulled it out further than it was meant to go (It does as it's cracked!! ) so that I could get a clear pic!!

spacer.png

I loved the performance of these bins but couldn't live with the damage unfortunately 😥

Cheers, John 👍

Edited by johnbaz
  • Thanks 1

I've looked through these and I agree with your assessment. Very pleasing view. I was actually close to buying them before I found a second hand Swarovision 8.5x42.

Zeiss (and the other top bino manufacturers) have excellent warranty coverage and they have on more than one occasion been known to repair accidental damage as a warranty repair. Even when they don't the price of repair is usually quite reasonable. If the deal could still be done you might want to fire off an email to Zeiss and ask what they think?

• Like 1

My answer to your question depends on what airguns you swapped 😆. If it was a couple of Gamos then I would say you should've kept the bins, Wiehrauch or Daystate though - wouldn't have let them go in the first place!

Seriously though, as Icesheet mentioned,  it might be worth checking the warranty. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

My answer to your question depends on what airguns you swapped 😆. If it was a couple of Gamos then I would say you should've kept the bins, Wiehrauch or Daystate though - wouldn't have let them go in the first place!

Seriously though, as Icesheet mentioned,  it might be worth checking the warranty. 

One was actually a Gamo Stutzen!! 😆

spacer.png

The other was an Air Arms SE90, A very nice rifle!! 

spacer.png

John  👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Icesheet said:

I've looked through these and I agree with your assessment. Very pleasing view. I was actually close to buying them before I found a second hand Swarovision 8.5x42.

Zeiss (and the other top bino manufacturers) have excellent warranty coverage and they have on more than one occasion been known to repair accidental damage as a warranty repair. Even when they don't the price of repair is usually quite reasonable. If the deal could still be done you might want to fire off an email to Zeiss and ask what they think?

We've already swapped back although I think he'd still do a deal as he really wnts a rifle but as he's a leftie, It would have to be dedicated left hand or ambi 👍

I've around a hundred rifles for him to choose from though!!

I thought that being top end bins, The repair would be quite pricey!

John 🙂

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

That is quite a 'collection'. 

I've also around fifty air pistols too, I'm shortly going to start getting rid as I never use them now and let my range membership slip!

John 👍

• Like 1