Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Cpaulo

COMPLETED - SOLD (William Optics Zenith Star 73 (£350)) SOLD

Hi everyone I am selling my WO Z73. I bought it last year to take away on holiday with me but it ended up staying at home. It has been sat on my shelf and has only ever been used once - my 80ED is more familiar to setup and the WO has been overlooked at every opportunity to get an imaging session done.

The scope comes with the WO red dot finder and it is all as new in mint condition, if I were to be very picky I’d have to say that there  is one tiny blemish, one very light mark on the dovetail bar where it was once mounted on my EQ5. 

So if you’re interested or want any more photos or info please get in touch.

275A77CE-3819-4B8B-A6D2-80F43BFE4492.jpeg

B4D596DA-1A26-4CF2-AA01-9CE3B67975FD.jpeg

CDC40EB6-A3FB-4230-A686-85507D4E8249.jpeg

421C42EC-35B0-45EA-971F-3A97514EDBAA.jpeg

CDDAFA45-726C-4759-A473-78E7EFAED3AC.jpeg

8551A46D-041D-40F0-AC8B-EE2C8637380F.jpeg

Edited by Cpaulo

I am not in the market for a WO Z73 , but for those considering a purchase you would not be disappointed. 

For the last year I have been using a WO Z61, it’s little baby brother, and I have had a hell of a lot of fun with it. My main issue with the Z61 has been the difficulty in guiding for long exposures as guidescope rings are not standard. Here the Z73 over comes this and has the added benefit of aperture and the same great optics.

Both solar work with a Daystar Quark, wide-field imaging unguided or deep sky guided are all great options for those looking for versatility. 

• Like 1

Am humming and harring over this (and am literally 10 miles down the road) For a grab n go visual, are there any reasons not to go with this? 

Edited by steveex2003

9 hours ago, steveex2003 said:

Am humming and harring over this (and am literally 10 miles down the road) For a grab n go visual, are there any reasons not to go with this? 

Hi Steve if you wanted to have a look you're more than welcome to pop up for a cuppa.

I have one of these scopes and it gives me amazing 5 degree views with my nagler 26mm .

Also great detailed planetary views with a nagler 3-6mm zoom.

• Like 2

For £350 its a steal .

Gives great views and oozes quality.

Here's mine in action . I have a rotolock on mine. 

20190721_035225.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, steveex2003 said:

If your that close I'd go for that cuppa.

You'll love the scope.

Lol 

• Like 1

Thank you for your interest and looking the scope has now been sold.

• Like 1