Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep8_banner.thumb.jpg.7fc4114c7705b14c0786cf342cea1f9c.jpg

Rza

COMPLETED - HEQ5 Pro SynScan ****SOLD****

As title. Not the best to look at cosmetically but in good working order.

Mount has upgraded latitude bolts.

Will throw in the following:
Sky-Watcher power supply
HiteCastro DC focus controller
EQDIR cable to control mount from laptop
Long UK plug mains power cable
USB hub
Lovely Lords Cricket bag

£375 ONO

Based in Kent near Maidstone.

Collection only.

Cheers

6.thumb.jpg.79b3d2217fc2f329e63d379c72175e74.jpg9.thumb.jpg.c991a80052098b6671b77d1229d6be0d.jpg5.thumb.jpg.86f8cd11fc41524942218900c6c8efb2.jpg8.thumb.jpg.2b6bc5f0a6dc3abfd57c9bc9bbcd498e.jpg4.thumb.jpg.c079193967ac1912524f88a49c1df39a.jpg2.thumb.jpg.09ffccf5cc6d59724e3bbe679826b0d5.jpg1.thumb.jpg.7911572d5a05caec598bc836a56677df.jpg3.thumb.jpg.15edc7b3e667b77c0bb5b500aec66a00.jpg

Edited by Rza

Hi.

May I suggest you put a price in the listing? It is required in SGL rules and not doing this might result in mods deleting the post.

Your location for collection, or any delivery options would help prospective buyers.

Good luck with the sale.

David.

• Like 1

It's probably worth anywhere between 450-550, but you do need to set a price, plus whether you're collection only or willing to post. If collection only where from. Payment method - cash, paypal, bank transfer etc. 

As well as the above being SGL rules, it will really help with selling it :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Where are u situated?

Steve

Kent, near Maidstone

I mean im not adversed to posting . Not sure how much it would be or who to use!

Hi sorry been on holiday.

Just been sold sorry. Will edit the post

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SimM
      Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO Go-To Astronomy Mount
      With all accessories - as new February 2020
      HEQ5 Mount Head
      1.75" Stainless Steel Tripod
      2x 5kg Counterweights
      SynScan Handset & Cable
      12v Cigarette DC Power Cable
      Vixen-Style Medium Dovetail Bar
      Price £690 - buyer collects Hampshire
    • By Tenor Viol
      I am currently waiting for a nice shiny 100mm refractor to arrive... to put on my new HEQ5 PRO. 
      Meanwhile, lurking in the garage in a case that hasn't been opened in over 20 years is a 40 years old this year Celestron C8 - the original fork mounted type in orange.... I'm suspecting that in order to get say a long dovetail plate to fit to it will require some modifications? At 2,000mm f/10 it will be good for lunar and Jupiter and Saturn. 
      Has anyone any experience of doing this with the old style C8? It's fair to say I either lack the requisite skills or equipment to do anything more complex than screw/bolt things together, is if it is more than that, suggestions as to who could carry out any necessary modifications would be welcome. I realise DEC balance will be an issue on a GEM with an SCT...
      (In case you're wondering... back in 1980 when I bought it, there were no such things as dew straps, or much of anything else and I just found it not easy to use, eyepieces were ferociously expensive and I was a lowly bank clerk at the time, then I bought a house....).
      Ron. 

• By knobby
      Hi All, wondered if you could help me make sense of this ... new HEQ5 - belt modded by FLO, all feels good, minuscule backlash but strange guiding.
      Admittedly first time using it but baffled.
      Failed calibration see image below and guiding seemed to be Ra and Dec following each other.
      Stars look ok ish (@ 1500 mm )
      Needle galaxy is poor as only about 10 mins each in RGB
      note - it was hazy and did keep losing star in OAG

Thanks for looking
      PHD2_DebugLog_2020-05-19_221608.txt

• By R1k
      Hi guys, new to SG lounge and new to the hobby. I have just bought my first EQ Mount (Used 2018 model HEQ5 pro, belt modded). 

I hate to be the newbie to ask questions about polar alignment, but I have what I hope to be a relatively simple question to answer, yet have had no luck with the search bar.

When my mount is in the home position (counterweight bar down) and tripod north my polar scope reticle is orientated as per the attached photograph (photo 1). When I was reading prior to getting the mount I had simply assumed that the reticle would be oriented with 0 being directly at the top and 6 at the bottom when in home position. As this is not the case, my question regards what I do during the process of polar alignment.
      Do I rotate the R.A. so that 0 is at the top and 6 is at the bottom and then place Polaris in the relevant position as per my iOS polar alignment app (photo 2) or do I need to somehow rotate the reticle within the polar scope such that the reticle is orientated vertically in the home position?
      Are the date and time dials on the mount itself obsolete now that we have the privilege of apps that do the work for us?
      Apologies if this is a basic question that has been covered before. 

• By Stub Mandrel
      Forgot to post the final version of this one. Please with the detail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.