Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

michaelmorris

SGL SP2019 Quiz

The 2019 quiz is now finished and ready to go.  So make sure that you pack your best quizzing trousers and start genning up on all those obscure astro-facts. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looking forwards to this already Michael!!!

Just wish I was going to be there with the guys. The quiz is a great highlight of the event.  I really hope everyone has a great time, and some great Astronomy is forthcoming too. If not, there is still great fun to be enjoyed.   Take great care there and back everyone. :icon_salut:.                                        Ron.

If there's a round about Star Trek, I might actually be able to answer a question...(nudge nudge wink wink Mr Morris!😉).

1 hour ago, lulu57 said:

If there's a round about Star Trek, I might actually be able to answer a question...(nudge nudge wink wink Mr Morris!😉).

The quiz is already written and locked in a sealed box in a safe in a secret location 😂

Dave

MM might change his mind....😉

*Pulls universal skeleton key out of pocket, firtles in hidden box, and slides in questions about Star Trek, Abba and hair straighteners*

Well I can't wait for this. Looking forward to meeting a few of you after ten years or whatever it's been. I've been away for a while but I'm back now...

There's always room for one more in team Scumbag College Amanda!

I’m terrible at quizes, so I’ll just prop the bar up and watch all those great minds ticking over searching for the right answer! ;) 

• Like 2

On 30/09/2019 at 20:51, Knighty2112 said:

... I’ll just prop the bar up and watch all those great minds ticking over searching for the right answer!  

Not so much 'great minds ticking over searching' as 'drunk befuddled minds groping hopelessly in the dark'  ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

Not so much 'great minds ticking over searching' as 'drunk befuddled minds groping hopelessly in the dark'  ;)

It's seriously in need of dumbing down to allow for the more befuddled of us 😂

Dave

• Haha 1

Can I make a serious suggestion?

@michaelmorris could you organise teams based on 1 moderator as a team captain, with everyone's name pulled from a hat allocated to a moderator?

This would mean a bit more interaction between everyone and not having a team of 6+ vs a team of 3 (which we had a couple of years ago!).

Couples etc could still sit together on a team, just put both names on the same bit of paper.

Numbers should be fairly predictable?

On 14/10/2019 at 11:59, Jonk said:

@michaelmorris could you organise teams based on 1 moderator as a team captain, with everyone's name pulled from a hat allocated to a moderator?

This would mean a bit more interaction between everyone and not having a team of 6+ vs a team of 3 (which we had a couple of years ago!).

Couples etc could still sit together on a team, just put both names on the same bit of paper.

Good idea. 

Its not the winning it's the taking part, well that's our excuse, were only there to make Robs team look good 😂

Dave

• Haha 1

I think that the most sensible suggestion in this situation would be for you to cheat shamelessly. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Its not the winning it's the taking part, well that's our excuse, were only there to make Robs team look good 😂

Dave

Yay! Scumbag College :D

tenor.gif.a4160dfa721be8f9a3bb6740d6aabf67.gif

• Haha 3

Go Scumbag!

Can I be Vyvyan this year?!

And can I call Michael Morris Bambi Gascoigne??

• Haha 2

I think there should be an astronomical-karaoke round.

I nominate The Ians to perform "I lost my heart to a Starship Trooper" in spangly body suits....(I'd pay good money to see that!).

On 15/10/2019 at 22:29, lulu57 said:

I nominate The Ians to perform "I lost my heart to a Starship Trooper" in spangly body suits....(I'd pay good money to see that!).

I'd pay good money NOT to see that!

On 15/10/2019 at 22:29, lulu57 said:

Some things shouldn't be allowed on YouTube...

James

They don't make 'em like that any more! 😉

On 19/10/2019 at 23:02, lulu57 said:

They don't make 'em like that any more! 😉

Thank god!