Jump to content

Banner2.jpg.35fd74882a15b2b8a1b4142f7dcc8bed.jpg

SGL SP2019 Quiz


michaelmorris
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just wish I was going to be there with the guys. The quiz is a great highlight of the event.  I really hope everyone has a great time, and some great Astronomy is forthcoming too. If not, there is still great fun to be enjoyed.   Take great care there and back everyone. :icon_salut:.                                        Ron.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lulu57 said:

If there's a round about Star Trek, I might actually be able to answer a question...(nudge nudge wink wink Mr Morris!😉).

The quiz is already written and locked in a sealed box in a safe in a secret location 😂

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 20:51, Knighty2112 said:

... I’ll just prop the bar up and watch all those great minds ticking over searching for the right answer!  

Not so much 'great minds ticking over searching' as 'drunk befuddled minds groping hopelessly in the dark'  ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

Not so much 'great minds ticking over searching' as 'drunk befuddled minds groping hopelessly in the dark'  ;)

It's seriously in need of dumbing down to allow for the more befuddled of us 😂

Dave

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Can I make a serious suggestion?

@michaelmorris could you organise teams based on 1 moderator as a team captain, with everyone's name pulled from a hat allocated to a moderator?

This would mean a bit more interaction between everyone and not having a team of 6+ vs a team of 3 (which we had a couple of years ago!).

Couples etc could still sit together on a team, just put both names on the same bit of paper.

Numbers should be fairly predictable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2019 at 11:59, Jonk said:

Can I make a serious suggestion?

@michaelmorris could you organise teams based on 1 moderator as a team captain, with everyone's name pulled from a hat allocated to a moderator?

This would mean a bit more interaction between everyone and not having a team of 6+ vs a team of 3 (which we had a couple of years ago!).

Couples etc could still sit together on a team, just put both names on the same bit of paper.

Numbers should be fairly predictable?

Good idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2019 at 11:59, Jonk said:

Can I make a serious suggestion?

@michaelmorris could you organise teams based on 1 moderator as a team captain, with everyone's name pulled from a hat allocated to a moderator?

This would mean a bit more interaction between everyone and not having a team of 6+ vs a team of 3 (which we had a couple of years ago!).

Couples etc could still sit together on a team, just put both names on the same bit of paper.

Numbers should be fairly predictable?

Its not the winning it's the taking part, well that's our excuse, were only there to make Robs team look good 😂

Dave

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2019 at 11:59, Jonk said:

This would mean a bit more interaction between everyone and not having a team of 6+ vs a team of 3 (which we had a couple of years ago!).

I think that the most sensible suggestion in this situation would be for you to cheat shamelessly. 🤪

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think there should be an astronomical-karaoke round.

I nominate The Ians to perform "I lost my heart to a Starship Trooper" in spangly body suits....(I'd pay good money to see that!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2019 at 22:29, lulu57 said:

I think there should be an astronomical-karaoke round.

I nominate The Ians to perform "I lost my heart to a Starship Trooper" in spangly body suits....(I'd pay good money to see that!).

I'd pay good money NOT to see that!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2019 at 22:29, lulu57 said:

I think there should be an astronomical-karaoke round.

I nominate The Ians to perform "I lost my heart to a Starship Trooper" in spangly body suits....(I'd pay good money to see that!).

Some things shouldn't be allowed on YouTube...

 

James

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.