Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Seeking supplier of mirror sets 100mm f4

20 minutes ago, John said:

You could buy a Skywatcher Heritage 100P for just under £100 and use the mirrors from that. They use parabolic 100mm F/4 primaries.

Beat me to it, John :) 

I've owned a couple and the mirrors are good. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, andrew s said:

Edmund optics do 108mm f4.1 parabolic mirrors but the they are not cheap. 

Regards Andrew 

Thanks to all, seems a shame to cannibalise a telescope, but the skywatcher option looks like my only bet. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

What's this about? If it's for one off, try Astroboot who sell Sky-watcher sub-assemblies from time to time. If you need volume, you could try component suppliers in China.

I’m investigating setting up a craft business making antique desktop instruments and I was going to make a one-off to test the market with. Not aimed at the serious amateur, more the decorative market but with an instrument of reasonable quality that can be used. I doubt I would be making more than four or five a year ultimately. Finding a Chinese supplier would be interesting, (?contact) but just a pity I can’t find a reliable source closer.