SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Need Help or Advice here.

barkis

Hope I'm OK asking this in  the A/Lounge, but I thought it might get more eyes on it here.
I bought a Phillips SPC900NC/00 Webcam, but it came with no Drivers, or Manual. I've tried the Phillips website, but 
It's getting me involved with the Driver Support  Outfit. I was involved with those people before, and they did help a lot when 
sorting proper drivers for many of my devices. Unfortunately, I cancelled my annual payment plan on Paypal, because every time I went to their
website, or anywhere else they were a part of, I was getting Warning messages from My Malware Protection Software.
I contacted Driver Support on this, And they suggested I adjusted my Software to allow these through.
I wasn't prepared to do that, as there must be something not right, and I know they are likely PUPS, but nevertheless, I
was not prepared to put my computer at risk.
So, the burning question, has anyone got the drivers for this Model, and are willing to supply me copies of same.
I'm quite prepared to pay for this of course.  I think the suffix/ 00 in the type number indicated a variation in the model design, rather that
indicate any change in the drivers.  I'm running Window10 though, and the drivers I have seen online are  only compatible with Windows 7 or XP.

Hope someone can help anyhow.
Cheers.
Ron.

PS If the Moderators wish to move this anywhere else, feel free to do so.

I downloaded the driver from Softpedia.  My anti virus (norton) said it was safe.  This was the Windows7 driver.

Some win7 drivers will work on Windows 10, and some wont, so you just have to try.

14 hours ago, barkis said:

Hope I'm OK asking this in  the A/Lounge, but I thought it might get more eyes on it here.
I bought a Phillips SPC900NC/00 Webcam, but it came with no Drivers, or Manual. I've tried the Phillips website, but 
It's getting me involved with the Driver Support  Outfit. I was involved with those people before, and they did help a lot when 
sorting proper drivers for many of my devices. Unfortunately, I cancelled my annual payment plan on Paypal, because every time I went to their
website, or anywhere else they were a part of, I was getting Warning messages from My Malware Protection Software.
I contacted Driver Support on this, And they suggested I adjusted my Software to allow these through.
I wasn't prepared to do that, as there must be something not right, and I know they are likely PUPS, but nevertheless, I
was not prepared to put my computer at risk.
So, the burning question, has anyone got the drivers for this Model, and are willing to supply me copies of same.
I'm quite prepared to pay for this of course.  I think the suffix/ 00 in the type number indicated a variation in the model design, rather that
indicate any change in the drivers.  I'm running Window10 though, and the drivers I have seen online are  only compatible with Windows 7 or XP.

Hope someone can help anyhow.
Cheers.
Ron.

PS If the Moderators wish to move this anywhere else, feel free to do so.

I might be wrong but I don't think that model is supported in windows 10, it has to be flashed to think it's another device but not sure which model that would be. Someone else on here would probably know about flashing the model so that it would work with current device driver's. 

Thanks Nigella,  The camera is not supported by Windows 10, and I have run myself ragged trying to get it to work
using Compatibility Modes, with differing camera model drivers, but to no avail.
My own stupid fault, I ought to have asked about System compatibility before I bought it.
I can't find any Information on flashing the camera, so I'm snookered I guess.
Thanks for trying to help anyway, I appreciate it.
Ron.

7 hours ago, Oldfort said:

I downloaded the driver from Softpedia.  My anti virus (norton) said it was safe.  This was the Windows7 driver.

Some win7 drivers will work on Windows 10, and some wont, so you just have to try.

Nothing to lose, so Worth a try I guess. :icon_salut:

I've joined the SharpCap forum, maybe Robin will have a solution.
I wonder how many devices have been made redundant by the  Windows 10. os ?

Edited by barkis

It was the SPC880NC that Morgans were knocking out super cheap in 2010 that was flashable on a WinXP machine, flashing updated it to SPC900.

There was also something that enabled different modes - WcRmac   a search on sgl for SPC880NC will find some old postings, also sadly some lost threads are to be found (or not found).  Some other web stuff on this camera also disappeared.

Good luck with it Barkis.

Edit:  just tried two 880 flashed to 900 cameras from the back of the drawer, plugged into my Win10pro desktop, device manager shows 'unknown device' no attempt made by windows to plugnplay.

Edited by Mick J

3 hours ago, Mick J said:

It was the SPC880NC that Morgans were knocking out super cheap in 2010 that was flashable on a WinXP machine, flashing updated it to SPC900.

There was also something that enabled different modes - WcRmac   a search on sgl for SPC880NC will find some old postings, also sadly some lost threads are to be found (or not found).  Some other web stuff on this camera also disappeared.

Good luck with it Barkis.

Edit:  just tried two 880 flashed to 900 cameras from the back of the drawer, plugged into my Win10pro desktop, device manager shows 'unknown device' no attempt made by windows to plugnplay.

Cheers Mick, I have an older Fujitsu Siemens laptop I dug out of the cupboard today. It's loaded with Win XP, but I do have a genuine  Win7 complete with 
it's original software and Serial No. I bought it at a computer fair some years ago. I'll have a go at loading  Wiin.7 onto the Fujitsu Lappy.
That should solve the issue for me. The webcam will have little work to do anyway, I have more sophisticated cameras in the Kit Bag😀.

I thank everyone for their contribution to this thread though.
Ron.

Edited by barkis
  • Like 1