Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Helen

Transferring data from PC in Obs to PC in house?

I've got my Obs PC connected to my livebox by an ethernet cable. My other PC links to the livebox by wireless. Is there an easy way to send data down the line from the Obs? (at the moment I'm downloading to a portable drive)

thanks

Helen

Nope, completely ignorant on how to share and link these PCs :) could you give me a few idiot tips?

thanks

Helen

OK, now I know that there have been a few issues with the livebox and home networks so you may have to do some research here but theoretically it's simply a case of switching everything on and running the network set up wizard e.g Start > Control Panel > Network Setup Wizard. Follow the steps to set up the network and create the shared folder. If all goes well you should see the shared folder on the obs pc in My Network places.

Great, thanks :salute: will try tomorrow when the other PC isn't in use!

Helen

so long as both pcs have ip addresses in the same range (i take it they are both windows), just open a run cmd on the pc in the house to the ip of the pc in the obs as follows:

i.e

house - 192.168.1.100

obs - 192.168.1.101

on house pc open run cmd and type \192.168.1.101c$

enter username/password and you should have access to the c drive of the pc in the obs.. then just drag and drop files as needed...

on house pc open run cmd and type \192.168.1.101c$

I think the BB software has "interpreted" the back-slashes :)

The first back-slash should be two of them and there should be another one before the c$.

bah.. so it has... so again without the modification of the board :)

(hmm.. cant go back and edit my original post either)

""

[pre]

on house pc open run cmd and type \\192.168.1.101\c$

[/pre]

""

Hi Helen

I run a utility called VNC on my home network. It allows me to remotely control, access and shutdown any PC on the network. It's freeware, just Google VNC

Good luck!

Danny