Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Hi everyone, 

Can anyone confirm (or refute) - have I imaged Ganymede and Europa in orbit around Jupiter or is that just wishful thinking? (Only equipment used was a Lumix G7 with 150mm zoom lens - effectively 300mm with 2x crop factor - and of course a tripod).

It appears to be the case and yet I can't quite allow myself to believe it...

Thanks from an old newbie.

P1020570.JPG

P1020570.JPG

Screenshot_2019-08-01-12-50-38~2.png

• Like 3

Short answer, yes you have;)

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!

Edited by Victor Boesen

You certainly have, well done!  If you can repeat the same shot over a series of nights you will see the orbital movement as well.  Astronomy can be quite dynamic sometimes!

Congratulations, watching the Moos ever changing positions is fascinating. As @GraemeC said astronomy can be very dynamic, nothing more so than the Galilean moons, perhaps maybe the surface/Proms of the Sun at times.

Thanks folks for the helpful input.

18 hours ago, GraemeC said:

If you can repeat the same shot over a series of nights you will see the orbital movement as well.

GraemeC - 'Twas a rare treat to have one cloudless night here in the north of the Emerald Isle* - several in a row would be nothing short of a miracle!

* That's Ireland, by the way!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.