Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

GRS TRANSIT plus Europa SHADOW TRANSIT - SATURDAY 9.15PM

As above, only ten minutes after sunset, but need to allow time to locate it in a fairly bright sky. 

Below is a link for August Jupiter phenomena from Ade Ashford, there is an excellent illustration of Saturday evenings event - well worth the effort.

Good luck!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Mmm, just looked at Accuweather for Oakworth tonight :

Looking Ahead

Showers and thunderstorms around late on Saturday afternoon until Sunday evening: storms could cause flash flooding.

😱

Yes, it's 100% cloudy so they could be right :laugh2:.  I hope it's clear for someone out there.  If it is and someone manages to get a pic, it would be nice to see it posted up here.

I spotted a few breaks in the cloud at around 9.30 last night so popped the Tak out on the Ercole for a quick session. GRS was very obvious to start with at low power, and when I upped it to around x150 I caught the shadow transit sitting up towards the Northern polar region. It was a very brief moment though, there was patchy cloud around which caused bad seeing so I lost the shadow after only around a minute or so. GRS stayed visible but I packed up after about 20 mins as it was pretty poor. At least I saw it I guess.