Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MoveShootMove Tracker

12 hours ago, knobby said:

Looks interesting and very compact ... I thought my SAM was small !

Pardon my ignorance, Knobby.  In my RAF days a SAM was a Surface to Air Missile.

As an alternative I've been guided to this

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p11058_Omegon-Montierung-Mini-Track-LX2-SET-mit-stabilem-Kugelkopf-fuer-mobile-Astrofotografie.html

which  has the advantage of being clockwork and got a good workout in Sky at Night magazine last year.  A German friend has used one successfully.  Hmmm...

37 minutes ago, Relpet said:

Pardon my ignorance, Knobby.  In my RAF days a SAM was a Surface to Air Missile.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p11058_Omegon-Montierung-Mini-Track-LX2-SET-mit-stabilem-Kugelkopf-fuer-mobile-Astrofotografie.html

which  has the advantage of being clockwork and got a good workout in Sky at Night magazine last year.  A German friend has used one successfully.  Hmmm...

Yeah, I use one while on holiday's. Great little clockwork mount. I've used up to a 300mm telephoto lens with modded Canon 1000d. Image of orion taken with above and scutum star cloud with 80mm lens. 

IMG_20181021_031418.jpg

44770194_726615987700071_8785041079217946624_o.jpg

IMG_20190801_233147.jpg

12 hours ago, Relpet said:

🙂 sorry ! SAM = Star adventurer mini, about the size of a Rubiks cube, fitted in camera bag in the gap where a lens usually fitted.

On 02/08/2019 at 00:32, Nigella Bryant said:

Yeah, I use one while on holiday's. Great little clockwork mount. I've used up to a 300mm telephoto lens with modded Canon 1000d. Image of orion taken with above and scutum star cloud with 80mm lens. 

That's truly impressive, Nigella.  Thank you - and welcome to SGL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, knobby said:

🙂 sorry ! SAM = Star adventurer mini, about the size of a Rubiks cube, fitted in camera bag in the gap where a lens usually fitted.

Cheers, Knobby.  I must say I like the look of Nigella's results with the clockwork job.

• Like 1