Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

The August edition of the Binocular Sky Newsletter is ready. As well as the usual overview of DSOs, variable and double stars, this month we have:

* A grazing occultation of a bright star
* Moon occulting stars in the Hyades
* See both ice giants as well as Vesta
* Review of the Celestron EclipSmart 10x25 solar binocular

I hope it helps you to get the best out of these late summer nights with your binoculars or small telescopes.

To pick up your free copy, just head over to http://binocularsky.com and click on the Newsletter tab. You can also subscribe (also free) and have it emailed each month.

Warning: Do not attempt to observe the Sun with any optical system that is not specifically designed for the purpose.

Edited by BinocularSky
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve, Great edition once again.  Should keep me busy this month. 

Mark

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BinocularSky
      The July edition of the Binocular Sky Newsletter is ready. Astronomical darkness returns to the southern part of the UK this month, and we have:
      * Yet another "promising" comet
      * Asteroid Ceres
      * Neptune and Uranus return
      I hope this helps you to fill your evenings (actually, more likely pre-dawn mornings!) enjoyably.
      To pick up your free copy, just head over to http://binocularsky.com and click on the Newsletter tab, where you can subscribe (also free, of course) to have it emailed each month, and get archived copies.

• By Dannomiss
      So after ordering the skywalker heritage telescope (awaiting 3 weeks for delivery), I decided after reading through a lot of posts on here to also purchase some binoculars so I can start getting used to the sky and what to look for. (Althought its now cloudy for the next 2 weeks. Typical!

Anyway, at first I ordered the Praktica 7x50 Falcon Porro Prism Binoculars which cost £27. I was advised that the 7 x 50 would be the best for my needs because of the wide view. However I decided in the end to purchase the Olympus 10x50 DPS I Binoculars which cost £59.99. I am not sure I ahve made the right decision, but I made the decision on the basis of my eyesight and that even with glasses I have certain eye issues and thought the extra magnification would help. Even though I udnerstand the lense shake and stability hence the original 7 x 50 choice.

The Olympus also had a lot more reviews and positive feedback. Well they arrive tomorrow so I will feedback on what i think. 🙂

What do others have and recommend? And have a I made the right choice?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.