sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

Here is a picture I took with my wife on holiday in France. It was a rare evening of stargazing after 3 year toddler hiatus. 

We took it on a canon 6d with a 16mm wide angle sitting on the star adventurer.

It’s  based on 3 exposures where I stacked the sky part whilst only using 1 layer for the foreground. Maybe 20 second exposures I can’t quite recall now. Then bumped up the levels also in photoshop. 

D4BA77E5-0EE6-436C-A4A5-7A9D3C0ADFC3.jpeg

• Like 23
13 minutes ago, spillage said:

Looks like a lovely dark sky and that chateau looks very familiar.

It does.  I wonder if it is Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson?

James

• Like 1

I must admit I thought it was when I first looked but then so many in France are of a similar design so was not certain.

Oh I am so jelous now. The photo alone was amazing and now knowing where it is it must have been a wonderful holiday 🙂 

Steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cobberwebb
      Hi everyone.
      Looks like I will get some favourable weather in the coming days, but the moon is out and full. I finally have a car so I can get away from light polluted Weymouth, and tonight I took a drive and found a great spot to shoot (see image).
      So to the point, I want to shoot Andromeda during these moonlit nights since the moon will be directly behind me. How much will it still affect my images?
      I'm still a beginner, using a Nikon Z50 and the 50-250mm kit lens @250 (F6.3), but I do have a Star Adventurer now, so I'll go out and shoot if nothing for the practice (my polar alignments have been pretty good).

• By Quetzalcoatl72
      After a very sturdy tripod and 'head/mount?' for general photography at the current moment but to also use for a Sky guider when I get one in the future
      My questions are;
      Which tripod do I need to handle a small scope and or camera with a big lens attached to sky guider, Tripod budget less than £100 Which sky guider should I go for to image the milkyway and nebula? probably 6-8 lbs payload? Budget less than, £400 Do sky guiders come with their own mount? I heard something about a ball head, mount budget less than £50 Is there anything else I may need with what I have mentioned, power, adaptors, filters etc. Much appreciated, I am new here so I hope this is ok to ask. I currently own a NEQ6 with two small telescopes which I have problems with that I will discus in another topic, so I know how to image that way, but I fancy something small and less stressful in the meantime.
    • By astrobena
      Hey everyone,
      I was out recently in what felt like the first clear sky in years and got ~109 min of data on M31, minus 76 frames due to a 12mph wind, which left me with 69 min of data (each shot is 45 sec with ISO 200 tracked with skywatcher star adventurer). As mentioned in the title I captured all these images in a bortal 8 location, used an unmodified canon eos 400d and the skywatcher 75ed as the scope (with a flattener). I've attached my edit (warning: it is not great at all + slightly overedited to see what details are even there), and to be my surprise it looked very similar to an image of M31 with only 20 min of data which i captured a month earlier (both of which i used DSS and photoshop for). Now this may well have something to do with the way i edited it in photoshop or a different setting in DSS or just the fact that 49 more data doesnt make much of a difference considering im in a bortal 8 location, maybe you guys could help on that. I've attached the link to the original files (in the folder called 18.2.2021) as well as the stacked image from DSS (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12NT4TmLCXvTfOXNPE_l8UWPRpgO2VjLe?usp=sharing). I didnt capture any flat images but have dark and bias frames, all in their correpsonding folders in the attached link. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could see if there is more data in this then i have managed to 'extract' using photoshop. (If you use different software and try and edit these files please tell me what you used) If there isn't then maybe do you guys have any images of M31 (or similar) from very light polluted skies that you could share here? (If so i would if you could share the full exposure time and gear that would be great)

Many Thanks!

• By AstroM1
      Andromeda Galaxy Group
      Nikon D5100 -- Nikkor 70-300 at 200mm
      60x30 sec + DOF
      Star Adventurer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.