SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How I Learned To Trust My ASA DDM85

Datalord

Regulars on the mount page here will know all the shenanigans I have had with my mounts. PTMD (Post Traumatic Mount Disorder) has been strong in me, so after my purchase and setup of the ASA DDM85, I carried the scars given to me by the CGX in the shape of PHD settings.

I had been pretty happy (read, ecstatic) with the ASA so far, with guiding stats I could only dream about with the CGX, but tonight I did something on a whim. I increased the PHD interval from 3s to 10s. The mount responded to my trust with this:

PHD_Long_3.thumb.png.215e95e32228b3ef3c235d43d2f65a78.png

In case you're in doubt, I love this thing. It is crazy to me they stopped making these and I got the last one they produced.

1 minute ago, Corpze said:

Are you running the mount with Autoslew and guidning with PHD?

i have loves my DDM in three years time, i have not been guidning though, just MLPT.

Yes, just autoslew and PHD. I've tried MLPT, with and without Sequence a few times, but it always ends in tears because of that useless software package. Something inevitably will crash and ruin the night. PHD and autoslew just works.

40 minutes ago, Datalord said:

Yes, just autoslew and PHD. I've tried MLPT, with and without Sequence a few times, but it always ends in tears because of that useless software package. Something inevitably will crash and ruin the night. PHD and autoslew just works.

Hmm, my guidning is spot on in 90-95% of all my subs.

are you running both Autoslew and Seq in admin mode?

i have used them quite a while now without hickups.

i am running win 10

I'm a non-Facebooker, so none of that. 🙂

So it seems we have similar performance from the mount. I'm going to keep going with what I have at this point, since I have <0.3" at 2400mm. Any improvement from here would probably hit seeing as a limit, so I'm content.