SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lagoon Nebula with 300mm Tamron Lens

Aussie Dave

The Lagoon nebula taken early May this year with a Tamron BBAR Multi C 300mm f/5.6 telephoto lens stopped down to f/8 and Sony a5000 on EQ6 Pro mount. This is a re-edit and heavily cropped just to show the nebula and surrounding area. Captured in less than ideal conditions from Mandurah Western Australia. The stacked image with this lens showed blue doughnut rings around medium to bright stars and was difficult to get rid of, I did leave some around the neb and lightened them a tad.

95 x 30 seconds, ISO 1600, 50 darks.

Stacked in Sequator, edited in PaintDotNet.

15008062_LagoonNebulaAstrophotographyWesternAustralia.png.23c039ee935b1e00ee960fb09b1bc155.png

Edited by Aussie Dave
typo
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Very pretty Dave, what elevation is it at in your neck of the woods ?

Dave

Cheers Dave, about 81 degrees for some months :) It's a nice easy one, I like easy one's.

9 hours ago, alan potts said:

Alot higher than in the UK I am sure, nice image David.

Alan

Thanks Alan, ain't all the good one this side of the rock?? 😀
Honestly though there's some good targets in the northern hemisphere where you are that we can't get and are too low. I would really like to get a chance at imaging Andromeda M31. That's at about 16 degrees north and in light pollution from along the coastline here. I can't even see it.

8 hours ago, Philip R said:

Nice image! ...and lens! :thumbsup:

Cheers Philip :) The lens looked nice, felt nice, build quality was great and looked good on my Sony a5000 mirrorless but it wasn't a star performer so I sold it. I'm slowly collecting a few nice prime lenses from the old 35mm film cameras. I love the old glass, there's just something about them that are so appealing.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, alan potts said:

Dave I tried M55 last night which only gets to 17 degrees at best and though it was not the best of nights I did get something to work with and get a result, the difference is, south I have nothing until Greece.

Alan

Nice Alan, as long as you get something for your efforts. I do like the star clusters especially the globs. Have only done a couple I think that turned out ok. I might post one just for giggles. I don't think my 10" primary mirror is a good one as my stars are always weird shapes.

18 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Tricky here, have to put a scope at the right spot in the garden and catch it between some trees.

M31 ? no bother Dave :D

Dave

I thought you'd be in a prime location for M31 Dave. You're in the UK or around that neck of the woods?
I'm being more selective now and only go for the higher targets.

• Like 1