Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lens (ED Glass)

I don't think it is necessary, but it will help. The only problem with Samyang is their lack of quality control. If you get a good one first time around they are excellent lenses. Buy from a reputable retailer and don't accept "It's within spec." when you don't receive a good one.

Glen.

Hi Alan 

You may know this then. Do MPB check the optics of the lenses they sell, I was reading there terms and they state fully tested I don't know if this goes as far as the optical alignment but I guess being second hand they might check

3 minutes ago, KyleStoke said:

Hi Alan 

You may know this then. Do MPB check the optics of the lenses they sell, I was reading there terms and they state fully tested I don't know if this goes as far as the optical alignment but I guess being second hand they might check

I dont know how much testing they do but they seem to check the lens mechanical functionality as well as looking for dust/scratches and fungus..

Alan

On 29/07/2019 at 14:30, KyleStoke said:

Thanks Glen I've got one coming from MPB. You ever use them I'm sure I got them recommend to me a while back

Never used MPB myself. I wouldn't have thought they checked for alignment/tilt. Different story for checking alignment during the day than at night under the stars. Like Alan said they will check for the usual problems. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

Glen.

• Like 1

It's turned up today but I can't remember the last time I saw the sky so will report back when it clears. I've got to get another timing belt for the auto focus also the lens is a lot fatter than expected

You could take a pic of newspaper print and have a look at the results. Just make sure the camera is square to the newsprint. Should give you some idea if the lens is okay.

Glen.

• Like 1